UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

Jatz said:
Buzzkillington said:
I'm sure someone on here owns them (I think it was Jatz, but not 100% sure) so maybe ask him if he knows. I'd actually be interested to know myself.

I do have it. It's region A. :(

Wait, wait, wait. Am I getting this right? The JoJo Japanese volumes are Region A only? That makes no sense, I thought (and from what Mangaranga has said) the animes are region free (while the hollywood and live-action stuff are locked to Region A). :?

NormanicGrav said:
Wait, wait, wait. Am I getting this right? The JoJo Japanese volumes are Region A only? That makes no sense, I thought (and from what Mangaranga has said) the animes are region free (while the hollywood and live-action stuff are locked to Region A). :?

I'm so dumb. I never even knew this lol. I just tried it on my PS4 and it works. :oops:

First time in ages it's been one I already have. I heartily recommend it though - there's a reason why it's rated so high on ANN/MAL - easily one of the best, most realistic slice of life shows I've seen.

-Danielle- said:
Why isn't Usagi Drop dubbed? Gutted, it sounds like one I'd really enjoy :(
I think it's a show that's worth watching subtitled rather than missing out on. That is, assuming that a dub isn't absolutely essential to you for some reason (not being able to read subtitles or whatever). It's not the fastest paced show so even if you're not used to subtitles you should still have time to read and watch.

No need to say sub isn't the end of the world as if I'm overreacting with my gutted-ness. That's like me saying DVD only isn't the end of the world to someone really wanting something on BluRay or vice versa.

Smeelia, thanks for letting me know about the pace of the show. Sounds like I'd have an easy time keeping up like with Tokyo Godfathers and live action Subbed films. Dub's a preference as so many animes where you have multiple characters in a conversation or talking over eachother makes it impossible for me to know who's talking not to mention what they're saying as it flickers so quickly between dialogue. I had that experience with Waiting In The Summer and it ruined it for me.

-Danielle- said:
No need to say sub isn't the end of the world as if I'm overreacting with my gutted-ness. That's like me saying DVD only isn't the end of the world to someone really wanting something on BluRay or vice versa.
The horror, I could just imagine if Shirobako or something was announced to be DVD only. It'd certainly feel like the end of the world to me.

-Danielle- said:
Smeelia, thanks for letting me know about the pace of the show. Sounds like I'd have an easy time keeping up like with Tokyo Godfathers and live action Subbed films. Dub's a preference as so many animes where you have multiple characters in a conversation or talking over eachother makes it impossible for me to know who's talking not to mention what they're saying as it flickers so quickly between dialogue. I had that experience with Waiting In The Summer and it ruined it for me.
I think I'm right about the pacing, well I hope so. I guess the first episode might be the worst since it involves a gathering and a bit of a group discussion, although you probably don't actually need to know most of the details (it's kind of obvious anyway). One of the main characters does do some "thinking" on occasion, though I don't think it's usually when anyone else is talking. It's not the kind of show that often has crowds of people around anyway, it's quite often just the main two characters and the occasional guest or two.

As an added bonus, the adorable kid is apparently played by a (presumably adorable) kid. I'd say it's a particularly good performance too, though I'm not sure I'm a good judge of that kind of thing (and to be fair, it's maybe easier for a kid to play a kid).

MVM's Deal of the Week is Bakemonogatari: Complete Collection on DVD - £9.99 - Japanese w/English subtitles

iBmQVBH6cbBZd.gif

Back