UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

ilmaestro said:
teonzo said:
Just Passing Through said:

Is this worth?
Absolutely. Super fun show, doesn't take itself seriously and wins because of it.

It does for the mecha genre what Buso Renkin did for the shonen genre
Crikey dude, are you trying to stop him from buying it or something?! :p

Hey I liked Buso Renkin. If only Naruto or Bleach could be told as quickly! :p

Paradox295 said:
alexrose1uk said:
Arrrrgh, Paranoia Agent arrived and the outer discs were loose in the fat pack with some visible damage :( Damn this type of case!!!

Have dropped MVM an email to see if I can get them swapped or exchanged, loose discs and visible damage is the pretty worst thing that you can get with DVDs on arrival :(
*gasp* Blasphemy!

One of mine was loose, aswell. Weren't any visible damage, though..

Triple whammy. Received my copy today and both discs 1 & 4 were loose. Luckily disc 1 had fallen onto disc 2 and doesn't look to bad but disc 4 is scratched. I hope to watch the show over the next week before putting in a complaint (not all scratched discs play up after all).

Mine, especially Disc 4, had a lot of marks, which was why I reported it; as it won't help the disc age well.

They resolved it with no issues so I can't complain. Not 100% thier fault either, the cases are simply WAY too big for a 4 disc set; the cases either should have been smaller, or used better disc holders on the inner and outer casing.

alexrose1uk said:
Mine, especially Disc 4, had a lot of marks, which was why I reported it; as it won't help the disc age well.

They resolved it with no issues so I can't complain. Not 100% thier fault either, the cases are simply WAY too big for a 4 disc set; the cases either should have been smaller, or used better disc holders on the inner and outer casing.

The cases are definitely too big - there is space for 2 more flipper trays in there. Compare the case with Funimation's S.A.V.E line - a single dvd case that contains 4 discs.

GL not with the shouting? :eek:

While I'll secretly hate myself for actually qualifying this point...

Gurren Lagann is ALL about the shouting! It's that kind of over-the-top, in-yer-face fun. The shouting and bellowing really fits the tone of that show.

Aquarion... not so much, in my opinion. I'd have liked that show a whole lot better if it had been a little less shouty.

My problem with Aquarion is that it can't really make up its mind what sort of tone it's trying to convey. The over-arcing plot is quite serious, but the Power-Rangers-esque shouting and a-hollerin' makes it feel a little too juvenile for my tastes.

BUT! This is me. Your mileage may vary considerably, and I know there are folks who adore the show to bits.

ilmaestro said:
Let's just say I don't think the grand plan for Buso Renkin was for it to be over so quickly. :lol:

Buso Renkin is a to cut a long story short but theres only one thing i dont like about the series and thats (Tokiko Tsumura) i just plain dont like her at all to me shes a 100% b****

@HdE i hate the main character in Aquarion his a a**h*** he cares for no one but himself

animefreak17 said:
Buso Renkin is a to cut a long story short
As much as I love the concept of using a prepositional phrase as an adjectival noun, this would imply that is was done deliberately for convenience. Which I don't think it was.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Deep Discount DVD are clearing out a ton of old ADV/Sentai stuff.

Gah it's your fault I just ordered a load of stuff I don't really want. Including La Cordo d'Oro, Ghost Hound and...Clannad.

R

fabricatedlunatic said:
...Ends today, so be quick.

*Looks at site sees Paypal as a payable option!

Oh for heavens sake, just told my Paypal account to send all my money I had in it to my bank account!, Have to see how low my bank account is now at the moment!

fabricatedlunatic said:
Deep Discount DVD are clearing out a ton of old ADV/Sentai stuff.

I'm glad you mentioned this, as I just picked up New Cutey Honey for $5.

I'm not so glad you mentioned this, as I too ordered a load of other stuff because it was cheap. :(

Damn, same problem as reborn. I've jsut done a load of Steam Sale and Xmas present buys. Until all the money leaves my account and I can evaluate my budget, I really shouldn't buy.

Just incase I get weak, what are the best deals people have seen on there?

Clannad Bluray for about £33 is a decent deal (although it is cheap on DVD at ~$10) but not astronomically great, so curious to what the 'best' are.

Edit: Never mind, the shows I was tempted by all just shot back up to $30 whilst they were in my box haha

Back