UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

alexrose1uk

Straw Hat Pirate
Aye, sad panda. Hopefully MVM will be as good as last time I had an issue and agree to exchange the set or discs.
Disc 1 isn't too bad, when you put Disc 4 into the light though it does have quite a few marks :(
 

MrLaserSharkKH

Stand User
Paradox295 said:
alexrose1uk said:
Arrrrgh, Paranoia Agent arrived and the outer discs were loose in the fat pack with some visible damage :( Damn this type of case!!!

Have dropped MVM an email to see if I can get them swapped or exchanged, loose discs and visible damage is the pretty worst thing that you can get with DVDs on arrival :(
*gasp* Blasphemy!

One of mine was loose, aswell. Weren't any visible damage, though..

Same with My Disc 1 & Disc 4, Have to check them to see if they play OK
 

alexrose1uk

Straw Hat Pirate
TheLasersharkKH said:
Paradox295 said:
alexrose1uk said:
Arrrrgh, Paranoia Agent arrived and the outer discs were loose in the fat pack with some visible damage :( Damn this type of case!!!

Have dropped MVM an email to see if I can get them swapped or exchanged, loose discs and visible damage is the pretty worst thing that you can get with DVDs on arrival :(
*gasp* Blasphemy!

One of mine was loose, aswell. Weren't any visible damage, though..

Same with My Disc 1 & Disc 4, Have to check them to see if they play OK

They've once again done me happy. I got quick apologetic email stating they do check them, but these things can happen transit.
They've apparently organised to post me a replacement Disc 1/4 (I'd guess in PVC cases) and told me to just throw the scratched discs away when the new ones arrive.

Can't complain with that; it's far more likely to be R.M's fault the discs ended up loose, and as long as they post those replacements to the right address haha. I'm quite liking these guys, some good deals on those once a week, and the customer service is pretty good, which isn't something I can say for the likes of Play.

(Not to mention, judging by recent History, if this'd been Manga, they'd probably have just gone 'Oh, well you should have paid more and bought it in a shop then!')

Won't be picking up Aquarion though simply as I didn't like it very much!!
 
teonzo said:
Just Passing Through said:

Is this worth?



Teo

It's worth...

But not too much more than that. It does for the mecha genre what Buso Renkin did for the shonen genre, send it up with tongue in cheek, and with a good nature. I like it better than Gurren Logan, Laggggan, Logjam, whatever. GL had a little too much post modern irony for my taste. Aquarian just takes the usual mecha tropes and times ten them.

But it has got a Yoko Kanno soundtrack, and it's good enough for them to be making a new series now.
 

HdE

Comic Book Guy
Aquarion, for my money, is a neat enough show to justify spendinga tenner. It does some interesting things with its cast, and it looks (some wobbly CG aside) really rather nice.

However, it has a TRULY naff ending, and there's far too much shouting for my liking.

(Yeah. I said that. Too much shouting.)

Interesting that the comparison is made with Gurren Lagann. Coz I'd watch that a million times over Aquarion.
 
HdE said:
Aquarion, for my money, is a neat enough show to justify spendinga tenner. It does some interesting things with its cast, and it looks (some wobbly CG aside) really rather nice.

However, it has a TRULY naff ending, and there's far too much shouting for my liking.

(Yeah. I said that. Too much shouting.)

Interesting that the comparison is made with Gurren Lagann. Coz I'd watch that a million times over Aquarion.

GL not with the shouting? :eek:
 
ilmaestro said:
teonzo said:
Just Passing Through said:

Is this worth?
Absolutely. Super fun show, doesn't take itself seriously and wins because of it.

Just Passing Through said:
It does for the mecha genre what Buso Renkin did for the shonen genre
Crikey dude, are you trying to stop him from buying it or something?! :p

Hey I liked Buso Renkin. If only Naruto or Bleach could be told as quickly! :p
 

mangaman74

Akatsuki
Paradox295 said:
alexrose1uk said:
Arrrrgh, Paranoia Agent arrived and the outer discs were loose in the fat pack with some visible damage :( Damn this type of case!!!

Have dropped MVM an email to see if I can get them swapped or exchanged, loose discs and visible damage is the pretty worst thing that you can get with DVDs on arrival :(
*gasp* Blasphemy!

One of mine was loose, aswell. Weren't any visible damage, though..

Triple whammy. Received my copy today and both discs 1 & 4 were loose. Luckily disc 1 had fallen onto disc 2 and doesn't look to bad but disc 4 is scratched. I hope to watch the show over the next week before putting in a complaint (not all scratched discs play up after all).
 

alexrose1uk

Straw Hat Pirate
Mine, especially Disc 4, had a lot of marks, which was why I reported it; as it won't help the disc age well.

They resolved it with no issues so I can't complain. Not 100% thier fault either, the cases are simply WAY too big for a 4 disc set; the cases either should have been smaller, or used better disc holders on the inner and outer casing.
 

mangaman74

Akatsuki
alexrose1uk said:
Mine, especially Disc 4, had a lot of marks, which was why I reported it; as it won't help the disc age well.

They resolved it with no issues so I can't complain. Not 100% thier fault either, the cases are simply WAY too big for a 4 disc set; the cases either should have been smaller, or used better disc holders on the inner and outer casing.

The cases are definitely too big - there is space for 2 more flipper trays in there. Compare the case with Funimation's S.A.V.E line - a single dvd case that contains 4 discs.
 

HdE

Comic Book Guy
Just Passing Through said:
GL not with the shouting? :eek:

While I'll secretly hate myself for actually qualifying this point...

Gurren Lagann is ALL about the shouting! It's that kind of over-the-top, in-yer-face fun. The shouting and bellowing really fits the tone of that show.

Aquarion... not so much, in my opinion. I'd have liked that show a whole lot better if it had been a little less shouty.

My problem with Aquarion is that it can't really make up its mind what sort of tone it's trying to convey. The over-arcing plot is quite serious, but the Power-Rangers-esque shouting and a-hollerin' makes it feel a little too juvenile for my tastes.

BUT! This is me. Your mileage may vary considerably, and I know there are folks who adore the show to bits.
 

Animefreak17

Godhand
ilmaestro said:
Let's just say I don't think the grand plan for Buso Renkin was for it to be over so quickly. :lol:

Buso Renkin is a to cut a long story short but theres only one thing i dont like about the series and thats (Tokiko Tsumura) i just plain dont like her at all to me shes a 100% b****

@HdE i hate the main character in Aquarion his a a**h*** he cares for no one but himself
 
Top