UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

If you've missed out on Deep Discount's Sentai sale... TRSI has dropped a whole load of titles into theirbargain bucket

Divergence Eve: Misaki Chronicles DVD Box Set (Thinpak) - Your Price: $6.99 (You Save 88%)
Ghost Hound DVD Collection 1 (S) - Your Price: $7.99 (You Save 87%)
Ghost Hound DVD Collection 2 (S) - Your Price: $7.99 (You Save 87%)
Gravion Zwei DVD Complete Collection (Hyb) (Thinpak) - Your Price: $5.99 (You Save 85%)
Hell Girl Season 2: Two Mirrors DVD Collection 1 (S) - Your Price: $6.99 (You Save 86%)
La Corda d'Oro ~ Primo Passo ~ DVD Collection 1 (S) - Your Price: $7.99 (You Save 84%)
La Corda d'Oro ~ Primo Passo ~ DVD Collection 2 (S) - Your Price: $7.99 (You Save 84%)
Madlax DVD Complete Collection (Hyb) (Thinpak) - Your Price: $11.99 (You Save 83%)
Nuku Nuku TV DVD Collection (Hyb) (Thinpak) - Your Price: $8.99 (You Save 80%)
Papuwa DVD Bargain Bundle (Hyb) - Your Price: $9.99 (You Save 95%)
Princess Resurrection DVD Collection 1 (S) - Your Price: $7.99 (You Save 80%)
Princess Resurrection DVD Collection 2 (S) - Your Price: $7.99 (You Save 80%)

Shipping hurts more from TRSI, those prices aren't quite as rockbottom either.

Still not bad prices mind you, well worth considering if you were already planning a buy from them :)

Hi guys,
I've just noticed that Rightstuf are doing a big Christmas themed sale too.
Basically they're adding new items to the sale each day for the first 12 days (last items added on the 9th of December) and all prices should hold til the 12th.

Having had a quick look, and it seems that everything is typically 40-60% off, which means there's actually some not bad buys there, even with TRSI's higher shipping costs.

FMP! Bluray for example, even if I got hit by customs, works out cheaper than both Axel and United Publications. (plus I'll know if I can afford to buy it by the time RS finish adding things to the sale on the 9th :D)

Might be worth a look, I know I'm going to be looking back nearer the end :)

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/ne ... urnTo=Main

The FMP Blu-ray is currently the same price at Amazon.com and their shipping is cheaper.

TRSI take... measures to reduce the chances of your packages being hit by customs, so you might be better off with them if you plan to order a few items.

What's Amazon US shipping to the UK btw? I'm presuming they don't do it for free afterall!

I'm deffo keeping an eye to see what comes up on the sale overall though, with TSRI I wouldn't order unless I had a few things to grab.

alexrose1uk said:
What's Amazon US shipping to the UK btw? I'm presuming they don't do it for free afterall!

I'm deffo keeping an eye to see what comes up on the sale overall though, with TSRI I wouldn't order unless I had a few things to grab.

I preordered Rosario+Vampire LE, shipping for that 1 item is 4 GBP from Amazon US.

Thats better than I was expecting actually, it does make TRSI seem a little pricey heh

I suppose it's customs that's the trick. Dependant on value you're probably better off ordering individual items from Amazon US (or multiple smaller orders) but when the prices rises, then R.Stuff/Axel might be the best idea.

Edit:
Ahhh, I'd never realised Amazon accounts were centralised and my UK account works on the US site. That makes things easier...to spend money ( :eek: )

Will have to remember to keep an eye on US Amazon for cheap BD's moving forward!

Edit2: Damnit. I couldn't resist Fumoffu on BD for £15 inc expedited post!
(who wants to risk standard post with Xmas coming!?)

Here's hoping I don't have any issues with customs.

alexrose1uk said:
Thats better than I was expecting actually, it does make TRSI seem a little pricey heh

I suppose it's customs that's the trick. Dependant on value you're probably better off ordering individual items from Amazon US (or multiple smaller orders) but when the prices rises, then R.Stuff/Axel might be the best idea.

Edit:
Ahhh, I'd never realised Amazon accounts were centralised and my UK account works on the US site. That makes things easier...to spend money ( :eek: )

Will have to remember to keep an eye on US Amazon for cheap BD's moving forward!

Thats indeed a good price for Blu-Ray. I also almost bought it, but just before purchase I saw that a Hungarian webshop has some nice prices on the few anime DVDs that were released in Hungary and Full Metal Panic - Fumoffu Vol1+Vol2 has a 64% discount at the moment, so they only cost total ~3,5GBP (+shipping) :D Also, Full Metal Panic 1st season (5 disc Limited Digipack Edition) is on a sale too for ~8GBP so I picked up that too.

Another best buy for me was the Devil May Cry Complete Collection Gift Box (3 DVD set) with Hungarian 2.0+English 5.1+Japanese 5.1 audio only for ~8 GBP...at least I like it more than MangaUK's release, which is only in a lonely DVD case :)

I wanted the BDs as I heard a lot of the DVD releases really weren't great over here, and that the BDs are a solid picture improvement even as an upscale over most of the DVD releases the series got in the west.

Plus there's something nice about saying 'that's in HD'. :)
It'd also be a bit wierd having DVDs next to TSR as a BD.

Tind said:
I also almost bought it, but just before purchase I saw that a Hungarian webshop has some nice prices on the few anime DVDs that were released in Hungary and Full Metal Panic - Fumoffu Vol1+Vol2 has a 64% discount at the moment, so they only cost total ~3,5GBP (+shipping) :D Also, Full Metal Panic 1st season (5 disc Limited Digipack Edition) is on a sale too for ~8GBP so I picked up that too.

Another best buy for me was the Devil May Cry Complete Collection Gift Box (3 DVD set) with Hungarian 2.0+English 5.1+Japanese 5.1 audio only for ~8 GBP...at least I like it more than MangaUK's release, which is only in a lonely DVD case :)
Interesting. Very interesting. Do Hungarian releases have English subtitles? Because I'm always interested in nicely packaged official releases, no matter where they're from.

alexrose1uk said:

Edit:

You shouldn't have a problem, i've ordered all 3 FMP Blu-Ray sets from them without so much as a hitch, not to mention Naruto sets, Bleach sets, quite a few things. You'll find with the cheaper stuff, you won't have to worry about customs so i'd be very very surprised if you got charged anything for a £15 box set :). It's when you start racking up the items and the price you will incur a charge, however Amazon usually charge you a little extra and they take care of customs themselves i've noticed now.

ayase said:
Tind said:
I also almost bought it, but just before purchase I saw that a Hungarian webshop has some nice prices on the few anime DVDs that were released in Hungary and Full Metal Panic - Fumoffu Vol1+Vol2 has a 64% discount at the moment, so they only cost total ~3,5GBP (+shipping) :D Also, Full Metal Panic 1st season (5 disc Limited Digipack Edition) is on a sale too for ~8GBP so I picked up that too.

Interesting. Very interesting. Do Hungarian releases have English subtitles? Because I'm always interested in nicely packaged official releases, no matter where they're from.

Unfortunately it is not a common practice for Hungarian DVD publishers to build English subtitles on the DVD, only Hungarian. Even English dub is rare too and they usually only give Hungarian and Japanese audio. But fortunately, DMC has 5.1 English dub and according to the product page, it has Hungarian sub only.

On a side note, Hungarian anime DVD releases have A+ box and dvd quality (some, like DMC are much better than UK), however many times official Hungarian subtitles have the quality, if a beginner fansubber team did it. So in short, many Hungarian animes have same video/audio quality, but better packaging than UK animes (like Bleach season 1 and season 2), however many of them have low quality subtitles...not if you would care about Hungarian subtitles :D

I bought the R1 release of the first series and thought it was kind of bland. Druaga is a much better show when it's taking the piss, which it does for a couple of episodes, than when it plays things straight, which it does the rest of the time.

Kaaya and Fatina are hot, though, and a native PAL conversion is always a selling point.

Back