UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

I'm up early, and so is someone at MVM as some of the sale prices are starting to come through already!
Combo attack on my bank account!

Little Busters
Familiar of Zero
Super Sonico
Kamisama Kiss
Invaders of the Rokyujoma

will be mine

K Season one might not be in the Xmas sale but Amazon have it for £26 if anyones interested.

K Season 1 (Collector's Edition) [Blu-ray]: Amazon.co.uk: Shingo Suzuki: DVD & Blu-ray
I bought it from them for £25 over the summer, however, they squeezed it in to one of those thin cardboard mailers they use that are only just big enough for an amaray, fair bit of damage to the corners and edges all round, mostly from been forced into the envelope rather than damaged in the mail, so I wouldn't really recommend.

Honestly, people complain about Zavvi packaging quite a bit on here, IMO Amazon is considerably worse...

I bought it from them for £25 over the summer, however, they squeezed it in to one of those thin cardboard mailers they use that are only just big enough for an amaray, fair bit of damage to the corners and edges all round, mostly from been forced into the envelope rather than damaged in the mail, so I wouldn't really recommend.

Honestly, people complain about Zavvi packaging quite a bit on here, IMO Amazon is considerably worse...
With Amazon its one extreme or the other it's either too small or far too big.
Where they are better than Zavvi is they're customer service & replacements. In the time it takes Zavvi to respond to an email or send a refund I can already have a replacement item in my hands.
It's the world we live in of super competitive delivery companies cutting costs wherever they can. Might not get it perfect the first time but you'll get it eventually 🤦‍♂️

OMG, I just had to deal with Zavvi to get a replacement for a Blu-ray that never arrived after 5 weeks, and I had to jump through hoops to get one re-sent to me - I had to respond to them in their website message thread 6 times; print, complete, scan, and send in a claim form 3 different times because they needed additional information that didn't even have space on the form to include, so I had to manually add a big comment box to the bottom of the form myself; and then they asked me to clarify which item needed replaced even though I had included the order number in the claim forms and in every single message to them. 🙄

The stupidest thing is, Zavvi's digital claim form is a PDF file that has some sort of an "attached" comment field you can fill out, separate from the document itself, but the big issue is that the dang form is completely un-editable, you can't type anything into the fields in the form. So, you have to print it out and fill it out manually, or else add text to it using text boxes if you have Acrobat - but you still have to print it out to manually sign it (I doubt they would accept a digital signature), so you then lose that attached comment field. That's why I had to digitally add a comment field to the bottom of the form, filled out all the un-editable fields using text boxes, print it out, sign it, scan it back in to the PC, and then attach it to the message. What an asinine claim form.

Good to know it includes twice the Owarimonogatari :p But yeah I bought one, I've already downloaded everything except the audiobooks which I already purchased from Audible a good while ago (though I will likely download those too just to have DRM-free copies). I really would recommend the audiobooks of Monogatari, I'd go so far as to say that the VAs they picked would make a perfect English dub cast for the anime if they ever do decide to do an English dub for it :) I'd also note that this bundle is good because the typical Humble bundle problem of random-ordered files in the download list is alleviated somewhat by the mostly fairly small file sizes. Sure if you prefer manga to LNs that might not mean much but I think it's worth taking into consideration if you're on the fence :) also they offer both MP3 and FLAC for the audiobooks (I'm gonna go with MP3 but I'm sure dedicated audiophiles will appreciate having a choice) :)

I posted this up in the Anime Blu-ray & DVD OOP thread as well.
But just noticed it has now got a coupon that is avalible till the 5th Dec for a used copy of Hyouka Part 1 & 2 Colletor's edition via Ebay.

So £60 normally but with coupon its £54.
I know some poeple were thinking about it but no idea if they caved and went for the Funimation release.

I was at Forbidden Planet London Megastore and found a opened copy of Ah My Goddess season 1 DVD collection on the shelf for 99p!
One of the discs is loose but clipped it back on.

Deal of the Week is back, Anohana for £15

Amazon also have the Clannad + Clannad After set for £23.79
£14.99 for anohana is a steal
+
Cost of a box of tissues

Deal of the Week is back, Anohana for £15

Amazon also have the Clannad + Clannad After set for £23.79
I forget, is Clannad one of the shoddy re-releases or is it okay?

I forget, is Clannad one of the shoddy re-releases or is it okay?

Clannad uses the older Sentai Masters so it's not as good quality as the newer US complete collection releases (I own the standard non-steelbook one of those :) ) maybe someone else can provide more detail? What I mainly remember hearing is that the subs are quite big and they are yellow (which not everybody is so keen on though I'm not as fussed and kinda prefer it cuz I have some slight vision problems and it can be easier to read) and that the video transfer for the UK release is not as good as the newer US transfers.

Back