UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

Aion said:
Not really; people will have money to spare after xmas. Ergo Proxy, an old anime, is hardly the best xmas present ever. It isn't even that good!

Dude Ergo Proxy was hardly a 6/10 as you previously mentioned, it was a fantastic series.

And yeah... people buy things after christmas in the January sales because they don't have much money left over. lol.

ilmaestro said:
It's just insane how quickly (it feels) that the US anime industry has changed so that new shows see a release in this manner.
They're quite heavily discounted, of course, but you're right. It seems Funimation have now dropped the traditional single, and not before time. Media Blasters are the only US distributor still releasing singles.

I love Anime-On-Line! Lunar Legend Tsukihime with Collectors Box for a tenner:

untitled.jpg

Bleach: Box Set 3 - £12.85
http://www.find-dvd.co.uk/dvd/Bleach-Se ... 094563.htm

Do want.

Spyro201 said:
Dude Ergo Proxy was hardly a 6/10 as you previously mentioned, it was a fantastic series.

And yeah... people buy things after christmas in the January sales because they don't have much money left over. lol.

You're still a young and inexperienced man. Give it a few years and you'll see things the same way I do.

And, with your age in mind, won't you be getting some money for xmas? Surely your mom will give you £20?

[link removed by mod]

probably be a poor quality release tho. No real information on the site. Ordered it last week, got my dispatch email yesterday.

@Mailman: thats a fake, its not the official release as no company has released a full box set for the series yet. This was discussed more recently about the authenticity of CD Wow and its releases, its got a few like that which are all fakes

Arbalest said:
@Mailman: thats a fake, its not the official release as no company has released a full box set for the series yet. This was discussed more recently about the authenticity of CD Wow and its releases, its got a few like that which are all fakes

Sorry about that, missed that discussion.

mailman said:
Arbalest said:

Sorry about that, missed that discussion.

no worries, the site itself is meant to be legit, and yet there is stuff like that available on their site. My guess is that they haven't actually done any checking throughout their site for the stuff that is and isn't legit, so they really need to get that done methinks.

You had me worried it was some Marvel char I didn't know, looked her up, explains why I had no clue who she was. :p

And I prefer to think of myself as a random entity. :p

Bargain: xxxHolic Season 1 Parts 1&2, £9.99 each in Forbidden Planet Covent Garden store! Can most defs be bought for cheaper online, but its nice to actually go in a shop sometime and interact with someone.

I must not have noticed those when I was there last Saturday. I generally browse the store as part of an evening routine.
(Last time however, I decided to visit the Tesco on Bedford Street afterwards. I bought a litre of 'flavoured water' for under 50p! I digress.)

Olio8O said:
Bargain: xxxHolic Season 1 Parts 1&2, £9.99 each in Forbidden Planet Covent Garden store! Can most defs be bought for cheaper online, but its nice to actually go in a shop sometime and interact with someone.
If you have a 'Head' (which used to be Zavvi/Virgin) nearby then you might as well pick up Part 1 from there, as they have it for £4.99. That's the cheapest I've ever seen it anywhere, including online.

Olio8O said:
ayase said:
Olio8O said:
If you have a 'Head' (which used to be Zavvi/Virgin) nearby then you might as well pick up Part 1 from there, as they have it for £4.99. That's the cheapest I've ever seen it anywhere, including online.
£4.99 for 3 discs is pretty awesome!
It's obscenely cheap. But I'm guessing that means it didn't sell so well. Head's only anime seems to be Zavvi leftovers, the one in Leeds hasn't had new stock in the last three times I've been, just more of the same.

Back