UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

Aion said:
You're just a Dumbo. Period.

Anyone with a few brain cells to rub together knows Naruto would unleash his inner beast and tentacle rape Goku to death.
Goku's reactions are too fast, man. If he would beat Superman (and I believe we have scientific evidence to prove this), then how would Naruto stand a chance?

Has anyone had any orders from the MVM '3 for £15' or A-O-L 99p bargain section? It's starting to worry me how nothing seems to be shipping; not my Amazon, TBD orders... or anything. I haven't had any emails about my CC playing up. :/

My order at AOL was processed yesterday, although no mention of it being posted yet. But since they were off from Christmas to the 4th at AOL, it'll probably take them a while.

Play have no excuse though, corporate mammoths that they are.

Aion said:
Has anyone had any orders from the MVM '3 for £15' or A-O-L 99p bargain section? It's starting to worry me how nothing seems to be shipping; not my Amazon, TBD orders... or anything. I haven't had any emails about my CC playing up. :/
I've order a fair amount of the 99p stuff and I've got an eamil yesterday saying it has shipped.

I received an email saying my order was being processed, but I guess that just means they're still at the CC verification stage...

It's bugging me 'cause A) I want to finish Gantz (/Play), B) I want to read The Drifting Classroom (/TBD), C) I want to read more manga that I'm into (/Amazon) and D) I WANT MY 99P ****! (/AOL)...

Aion said:
I received an email saying my order was being processed, but I guess that just means they're still at the CC verification stage...

It's bugging me 'cause A) I want to finish Gantz (/Play), B) I want to read The Drifting Classroom (/TBD), C) I want to read more manga that I'm into (/Amazon) and D) I WANT MY 99P ****! (/AOL)...
I see. I have a **** load of incomplete stuff at home and considering I only start a series once I have all the volumes of it, I'm currently just pilling up DVD's to watch. I dont' have this problem with books though, for some reason, my patience to collect and read the books are far greater than my patience to watch anime series.

Most likely because of the difference in pace in these two activities.

I've already received one of the things I'd ordered on Play's 3 for £15, I'm just waiting on the other 2, and also on AOL to ship the rest of that series at 99p each.

Totally off-topic, but I just have to say I f*cking love the expression on the face of your avatar, Jiindama. What is it about insane facial expressions that makes me so giddy? :D

I've recently started a lot of manga, and I ALWAYS need odd volumes to fill gaps. (Men were created to fill holes, after all...)

I just don't get what's taking so long, assuming my CC hasn't failed me. Even taking xmas/new year into consideration, Play should've sent at least part of an order made on the 29th (1/3 packing, 2/3 still just taken). And even if my CC is playing up, they should've messaged me so that I could use my other card.

They're ****s. I try to pay £5 instead of 99p per volume and this is how I get treated - typical. ****s.

Aion said:
(Men were created to fill holes, after all...)
LOL

Aion said:
They're ****s. I try to pay £5 instead of 99p per volume and this is how I get treated - typical. ****s.
From experience they've learned you always go for the bargain, so when yuou try to pay more for something they simply assume your CC muyst hav ben defrauded =P

Not sure if I should put this here but just listening to the UKotaku podcast it appears there is a newish otaku shop in Cardiff.
Otaku Zoku. They have some cheapish manga (cheaper if you are a student they said on the podcast), but I am not sure on what there selection is like.

Just Passing Through said:
I just got that ROD 99p disc this morning. No dispatch notice from AOL, and the order is still being processed on their website. Best just keep an eye on the post then.
AOL only send a dispatch notice once your entire order has been shipped, so if you didn‘t receive any notice, it’s probably because you still have items from that order to be shipped. Although, there was one occasion where I ordered just Shana volume 3. I received the DVD on a Thursday, but didn’t receive the notice till the following Tuesday.

Speaking of AOL, I’m still waiting for them to ship Darker Than Black 5&6. :evil:

Titan said:
Just Passing Through said:
I just got that ROD 99p disc this morning. No dispatch notice from AOL, and the order is still being processed on their website. Best just keep an eye on the post then.
AOL only send a dispatch notice once your entire order has been shipped, so if you didn‘t receive any notice, it’s probably because you still have items from that order to be shipped. Although, there was one occasion where I ordered just Shana volume 3. I received the DVD on a Thursday, but didn’t receive the notice till the following Tuesday.

Speaking of AOL, I’m still waiting for them to ship Darker Than Black 5&6. :evil:

It was the sole item on that order. Yes, I know, cheapskate...

I've got everything else that I want at the mo... Although I wouldn't mind buying Haibane Renmei V1 over again to match the spines up. Since I already have the Works Boxset version, again I'd only want to pay a couple of quid at most...

Received my AOL parcel today - everything is sealed/undamaged. I now own complete RFtD and EG collections. :)

As for my Play '3 for £15' order (mentioned above), one DVD was finally sent the other day. The other two haven't because they went OOS after I ordered, and I couldn't cancel because I'd ordered them together as part of a deal. :/ So, I'm STILL waiting to finish Gantz, and will be for some time. ******* useless Play ****s...

"
From now through January 18, take 40% OFF the retail prices of all DVDs, Blu-ray and merchandise from FUNimation. (This includes items that are in-stock, pre-order and on-order!)

How? Just use the following reusable coupon code when you check out through RightStuf.com:
Coupon Code: scythe
Expires: January 18, 2010 at 11:59 p.m. CST
Read their news article for more information.
http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/ne ... urnTo=Main

"

chaos said:
"
From now through January 18, take 40% OFF the retail prices of all DVDs, Blu-ray and merchandise from FUNimation. (This includes items that are in-stock, pre-order and on-order!)

How? Just use the following reusable coupon code when you check out through RightStuf.com:
Coupon Code: scythe
Expires: January 18, 2010 at 11:59 p.m. CST
Read their news article for more information.
http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/ne ... urnTo=Main

"

OH MY GOD!!!!!1111
That makes the Dragon Box $26.99 or around £16. Plus shipping takes it to £22 and you don't have to pay customs. Yaaaaaaaay! *runs off to buy*

Edit: Actually, it says I might need to pay customs beacause of FedEX.. hmm. Has anyone else used this :?

Also, don't worry. As long as you don't have more than 5 items in your order (don't make me explain further), it doesn't matter the value. You'll be fine from customs.

Back