UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

I'm pretty sure they've done all the seasons of Ikki Tousen except the first as DOTW at some point or other. Not that you really need to have seen the preceeding seasons to *enjoy* that show...

I'm not sure if Berserk has ever been DOTW? It's probably one of their biggest sellers and only recently started to go under the £20 point on Amazon, so would probably be in their interest to keep it at a higher price.

According to their Facebook page, they've had Berserk as deal of the week at least three times, the last time being around two years ago (seems like that might be a decent way to check/track the deals they've had).

I'm pretty sure there have been a few times where they've done second seasons and taken quite some time to get around to putting the first season on. They seemed to change tactics a little while ago, though.

I went through about a two year period where I bought pretty much every deal of the week (I was missing a lot of them) - and I think there were only a few I'm still missing from the pre 2012 period of releases

Ah My Goddess
Black Cat
Samurai 7
Tenjho Tenge
Mahoromatic
Ikki Tousen series 1
Gravitation
Slayers Try
Speedgrapher
Starship Operators

(I believe some of these have since gone out of print)

Lutga said:
I'm pretty sure they've done all the seasons of Ikki Tousen except the first as DOTW at some point or other. Not that you really need to have seen the preceeding seasons to *enjoy* that show....

They did do season1, it was one of the first dotw I bought.

Lutga said:
I'm not sure if Berserk has ever been DOTW? It's probably one of their biggest sellers and only recently started to go under the £20 point on Amazon, so would probably be in their interest to keep it at a higher price.

Yeah, it has - I remember seeing it several times, and on at least two occasions, I've been unable to nab it due to low funds.

It's not actually a huge, huge deal to me if it doesn't show up again, though (spoiler: I'm certain it will!)

Gemsy-chan said:
sniper_samurai said:
Just got a dispatch notice from Music Magpie.

They've sent me another copy of the Tokyo Ghoul Root A CE. Don't know why, the last copy they sent never arrived and I was refunded, then I ordered it from Amazon.

Edit: Music Magpie have a 20% off code good until the 31st. Enter July20 as the promotional code when asked.
I've had that email from them today as well. I'll wait and see if it turns up or its just an administration error.
Well I've just had the standard blu ray release arrive today from them.

Gemsy-chan said:
Gemsy-chan said:
sniper_samurai said:
Just got a dispatch notice from Music Magpie.

They've sent me another copy of the Tokyo Ghoul Root A CE. Don't know why, the last copy they sent never arrived and I was refunded, then I ordered it from Amazon.

Edit: Music Magpie have a 20% off code good until the 31st. Enter July20 as the promotional code when asked.
I've had that email from them today as well. I'll wait and see if it turns up or its just an administration error.
Well I've just had the standard blu ray release arrive today from them.
:lol: Should be able to pick mine up in a few days when it arrives through my reshipper(actually An Post, the national service). Will probably sell it on at Eirtakon later in the year.

It's Friday! Which mean the MVM Deal of the Week is imminent!

I have a good feeling today. When I leapt out of bed and threw back the curtains, I knew - I KNEW - that today would be the day Berserk comes up again!

I may grouse and grumble a fair bit on these forums but deep down, I'm a positive guy. I believe the universe listens when you ask it for the things you want. So today I sat down on the floor in a complex yoga position, listening to my favourite Yes record and stinking the house out with incense. Universe, I have asked! And now, I await your reply!

[Stomps off to watch MVM's Facebook page like a hawk.]

Enjoyed Outbreak Company when i've watched this, but will not get this ... rather want the Blu-ray. Try to digest my anime is the best possible quality :)

Also ordered, it. I looked online for a UK Blu Ray but couldn't find one. Not passing this one up!

I've also put a sticker on my TV which says 'This is really Berserk.'

Back