UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

st_owly said:
Yes, I do. How much would such a machine cost? I've not had any other problems with DVDs so I'm not sure it'd be worth my buying one.

I don't know if this is everywhere, but if you go to places like CeX or GAME they can normally do it there. They'll charge you something daft like a couple of quid, but it saves you buying a machine.

st_owly said:
Yes, I do. How much would such a machine cost? I've not had any other problems with DVDs so I'm not sure it'd be worth my buying one.

Looks like Incendiary Lemon's idea will be more suitable for you, Owly. But, for the heck of it:

Prices for DVD repair machines can vary a bit, between £20 - £50. I bought an electrical one a few years back that set me back about £40, I think. As I say, it's been a real asset. That said, Unless you're regularly buying second hand DVDs, it's probably not worth the outlay. And remember that these things won't fix a damaged Blu Ray.

Azar said:
IncendiaryLemon said:
Madman are having a sale with up to 50% off selected titles

https://www.madman.com.au/actions/catal ... r.offset=0

How likely am I to be hit by customs and what sort of charges am i looking at? Haven't imported anything from Australia before but I would love to pick up those K-On Blu Rays.

Depends how much you order. One or two items tops and you'll be fine, Madman tend to undervalue on customs forms I think (They normally write on the value is $1 or something, regardless of actual value) but anything more than that and you'll likely get hit, and, again, how much you get hit by depends on how much you buy. I've ordered from Madman 3 times and it always ends up going via Parcelforce, which if it gets hit, is an immediate £11 handling charge before anything on top.

IncendiaryLemon said:
Depends how much you order. One or two items tops and you'll be fine, Madman tend to undervalue on customs forms I think (They normally write on the value is $1 or something, regardless of actual value) but anything more than that and you'll likely get hit, and, again, how much you get hit by depends on how much you buy. I've ordered from Madman 3 times and it always ends up going via Parcelforce, which if it gets hit, is an immediate £11 handling charge before anything on top.

Ok, Thanks for the help.

I'll Just have to order something and see how it goes. Only problem is that I'm too impatient and like to buy all the sets in 1 go. :oops:

The anticipation of MVM's Deal of the Week begins anew! It's friday, and the gods of thriftiness have gifted me with a tenner in my pocket! GET IN!

Also: Please be Berserk, Please be Berserk, Please be Berserk, Please be Berserk, Please be Berserk, Please be Berserk, Please be Berserk, Please be Berserk...

HdE said:
The anticipation of MVM's Deal of the Week begins anew! It's friday, and the gods of thriftiness have gifted me with a tenner in my pocket! GET IN!

Also: Please be Berserk, Please be Berserk, Please be Berserk, Please be Berserk, Please be Berserk, Please be Berserk, Please be Berserk, Please be Berserk...

BERSERK?

I Can't Play H is the deal of the week
Soooo close!

Last edited by a moderator:
elaniel said:
Lots of MANGA UK / Animatsu Blu-Ray deals on Amazon:

HERE

Notable price drops:
Punch Line £20.99
DBZ Kai Sets £24.99
Nadia £29.99

Ah - that link takes us to Blu Ray .com. Something I'm missing, maybe?

HdE said:
elaniel said:
Lots of MANGA UK / Animatsu Blu-Ray deals on Amazon:

HERE

Notable price drops:
Punch Line £20.99
DBZ Kai Sets £24.99
Nadia £29.99

Ah - that link takes us to Blu Ray .com. Something I'm missing, maybe?
If you click the Union flag on the right hand side it will switch to Amazon UK and list all the latest price drops....I think.

Back