UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

I'll wait until Monday, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, I don't want them to refund me or send another and then I get the first.

I received my Amagi from Dodax this morning.

My first package (containing Perfect Insider) arrived from Zoreno today. The postage label shows that it came from The Netherlands via Post NL, who I believe are the Dutch version of Royal Mail. I've got two more packages from them in the post, and then three from Mecodu as well, so hopefully everything will be here this week.
I've read on a Dutch anime forum that in the last few weeks there's a customs backlog in the Netherlands, so that may have something to do with all the late arrivals.

I received my Attack on Titan Season 1 set a couple of days ago. Nothing about Gatchaman, Madoka Magica, Gargantia or AgK. I never received Dodax's shipping notification for AgK season 1, Gargantia or Gatchaman Insight though I did for the rest. Will follow-up tomorrow if nothing has arrived.

Received AgK part 2 and Modoka today.

My Dodax order for Akame ga Kill Part One arrived today. Part Two was refunded earlier in the week.

Noticed that the items are seemingly reshipped from within the UK so it's possible at least for UK buyers that any "lost" items that have been refunded won't make it past the UK hub.

Has anyone received an item that was previously cancelled? Tempted to re-order items (unfortunately at a higher price) if there isn't a chance of them arriving

Still at 0 out of 5 for my orders :( contacted Dodax and Zoreno and they both sent a reply (exactly the same, word for word) saying they would re-send the items that were still available in their warehouse... Expecting to receive a refund email soon.

I'm fed up waiting, so I've sent emails for each of my three orders to Zoreno and Mecodu, and am expecting a trio of identical emails in response shortly.

EDIT: Got a response from Zoreno saying that replacements would be sent out. Let's see how that goes then...

EDIT 2: Got a response from Mecodu which says a replacement will be dispatched if they have any stock, so possibly a refund will happen soon then. The wording is different from the Zoreno email, and the response was much later, so these might be separate companies and not part of the same parent company as I had assumed they were. All I really know about Mecodu is that it sends stock from Switzerland, at least according to some of the feedback on Amazon.

Last edited:
In other news, All the Anime have two new Early Bird deals on their site: *SPECIAL OFFERS*

Both Daimidaler and Barakamon are £19.99 until monday.

I shall be partaking of both ;)

EDIT: Er, I can't add them to the basket... so either my browser has gone weird or someone has flubbed something.

Last edited:
Reading back having missed all this dodax commotion, I've ordered quite a few things from them in the past that weren't anime, but were European imports. They all said they were dispatched from Italy and so I just waited and they showed up eventually, some took about two to three weeks but I didn't really mind considering I was only paying £1.26 for postage from Italy.

I never expect misprices to be honoured because I've been an independant retailer and knowing how much you can stand to lose, I sure as Hell wouldn't.

Back