UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

MVM are currently selling Free! Eternal Summer for £34.99 via the Amazon marketplace. I think this is the cheapest I've seen it outside of the early bird.

Amazon.co.uk: Buying Choices: Free - Eternal Summer - Collector's [Blu-ray]

Don't forget the P&P cost of £1.26 which makes it £36.25, still a pretty good price i'll admit it's quite tempting.

This weeks MVM £9.99 DOTW is Love, Election and Chocolate Collection (12) DVD

Anyone know if it's any good?

Don't forget the P&P cost of £1.26 which makes it £36.25, still a pretty good price i'll admit it's quite tempting.

This weeks MVM £9.99 DOTW is Love, Election and Chocolate Collection (12) DVD

Anyone know if it's any good?

Ah yes, of course :p

I reviewed Love, Election and Chocolate (although the review is down at the moment with the main site) and it wasn't great. I think I ended up giving it a 6.

you could also use Flubit.com on Free to get up to 15% off. I did when MVM were selling space dandy season 2 blu-ray for that exact same price through amazon marketplace and got it for £31.29 delivered.

Flubit is a bit slow but if you're okay with the wait they knock up to 15% off most amazon (and marketplace) prices. (please note the emphasis on up to)

Last edited:
I do get the impression that the stuff that sells more poorly gets put on sale quicker / more often - whereas the big sellers like Berserk or Trigun very rarely go on sale.

That's about the same as an early bird deal on the Anime Limited webstore, so I was happy to buy it just now. Only £10 more than the standard edition will be, assuming that ever gets released.

it's not it's actually a reasonable series with a good dose of romance
Love, Election and Chocolate does have it's Catgirlish Loli character on her knees with her rear in the air and Pantsu showing within a few minutes of the start of the first episode, so I could understand people thinking it might be trashy. I wouldn't say that's entirely representative of the show, except perhaps it's tendency to be inconsistent and that it doesn't quite seem to know what it wants to do with itself. It does have some good ideas but it rarely makes the most of it's potential and the characters are generally underdeveloped.

I wouldn't necessarily say it's a bad show because there are a few things that could be potentially enjoyable but it has a tendency to sabotage itself and the end result is something quite average. That said, I do think it's the kind of show that's likely to strongly appeal to some people if they happen to enjoy the few elements that the show does make something out of and manage to ignore the rest.

Also, it's not a show to watch for Catgirlish Loli Pantsu, because that's a rare treat... I mean, it's actually not a common part of the show (there's really not too much fanservice overall).

Back