UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divergence_Eve#Episodes

Wikipedia says that episode 1 is set between episodes 12 & 13 - supposedly to draw the viewer in. Can't say it worked for me. The oversized boobs were bad enough but I turned off when the CGI kicked in (the fight against the ghoul which looked out of place) - it just looked silly.

The episode was on a Newtype USA cover disc so it did not cost me anything more that I already paid (in a way it saved me money as I did not buy the dvds).

Paradox295 said:
Just Passing Through said:
OMG!

Anime-on-Line were clearing out the dross last week with Kyo, this week they are offering up sheer genius!

R.O.D The TV for £9.99

I already have it and I'm still tempted. Just to have a spare set of discs.
Huh, so, do I need to watch the OVAs first to understand this show?

Not really, as the story is complete in and of itself. It does refer to the OVA's but what you need to know is revealed in flashback.

But the OVA is so awesome anyway, it's a crime not to have it.

Paradox295 said:
Just Passing Through said:
OMG!

Anime-on-Line were clearing out the dross last week with Kyo, this week they are offering up sheer genius!

R.O.D The TV for £9.99

I already have it and I'm still tempted. Just to have a spare set of discs.
Huh, so, do I need to watch the OVAs first to understand this show?
Nope, not at all.
I saw it without, and it works fine. It only leaches a few characters + setting, the plot isn't much related.

Argos are not part of The Hut Group they are part of the Home Retail Group,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argos_%28r ... Rebranding

These terms and conditions ("the Terms") govern the users ("you" or "your") use of the website www.argosentertainment.co.uk ("the Website"). The website is run and operated on behalf of Argos by TheHut.com Limited. By using the website and purchasing you are transacting with The Hut.com Limited and or where applicable The Hut.com Trading Limited and therein agree to be bound by their Terms and Conditions outlined below. Please read them carefully as they affect your rights and liabilities under law. If you do not agree to these Terms, please do not access nor use the Website. If you have any queries regarding these Terms then please contact us .

The Hut are involved with number of online sites but it does not mean that they own them, or do they now also own Asda?

Terms & Conditions

Date: 30.07.10
Scope

These terms and conditions cover use of the www.Asda-Entertainment.co.uk site and any purchases made on www.Asda-Entertainment.co.uk.
DEFINITIONS

"Conditions" means these terms and conditions;
"Online Sales" means sales of Goods and Services conducted through the Website;
"Goods" means goods displayed for sale on the Website;
"Services" means services displayed for sale on the Website;
"Users" means the users of the Website collectively;
"User Information" means the details provided by you on any application to buy Goods or Services from us via the Website;
"We/us/our" means The Hut.com Limited or The Hut.com (Trading) Limited, where applicable;
"Website" means the website located at www.Asda-Entertainment.co.uk or any subsequent URL which may replace it; and
"You/your" means a user of the Website.

http://www.asda-entertainment.co.uk/ter ... tions.info

It's the other way round, the hut group run Argos's website on behalf of Argos. This is quite common for big high-street retailers. Get someone who already knows what they're doing with sales websites to run theirs for a fee.

Argos don't own the hut and the hut don't own Argos. They're just working together in partnership for the Argos website.

The website is run and operated on behalf of Argos by TheHut.com Limited. By using the website and purchasing you are transacting with The Hut.com Limited and or where applicable The Hut.com Trading Limited and therein agree to be bound by their Terms and Conditions outlined below.

Back