UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

HdE said:
Paradox295 said:
So, you know how I was complaining about those MVM boxsets costing too much?

Samurai Champloo: http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDet ... sku=587348
£17.99 @ HMV

Dude, where were you a fortnight ago? I picked it up from Anime On Line for £15.00! I'd have posted a link to it here, but it appeared I nabbed the last set at that price.

If it makes you feel better, I think that show is VASTLY over-rated. It might be from the Bebop guy, but in my opinion it has almost none of the energy or spark that made that show so enjoyable. Still worth a watch, mind.
I know, I was also after FLCL, but at the time I checked, they were both sold out. Also, this is the thickpack case, not the artbox one. (I personally prefer thickpacks)

Also, I don't mind. If I don't like it, I'll just trade it in. Can't knock it til I tried it.

Yup, mine was the thinpacks.

Champloo's not a bad show by any means. It just doesn't live up to the pedigree you might expect, given who's responsible for it. It DOES have one or two epic moments as well.

I'll be interested to know what you think of it.

So, I have been wanting FLCL for ages now. I'm reaaaly hoping it's tommorow's AOL Deal of the Week.

But, I just had a quick look on CeX's website to see how much a copy is.

It's £10.

There's only one copy in any UK CeX store.

It's my local :lol:

That's pretty awesome luck IMO. I have 2 chances of getting a copy this weekend, but somehow I feel It's gonna end up with Samurai Champloo on sale on AOL for less than I already paid on HMV and that copy either being already sold or seriously damaged D:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hokum said:
Possibly the worst anime I've ever seen.

Have you not seen Robotech? God that was awful!!! I watched the entire first season and all I will say about it is that I will never get that time back :evil:

I have also had the misfortune to have watched the first episode of Divergence Eve (actually it was so bad I only watched around half of the first episode).

As for SDK while it is not great at least I finished watching it which is more than Gundam Seed can claim (I have got as far as volume 5 and I can't see myself getting any further with it any time soon).

mangaman74 said:
I have also had the misfortune to have watched the first episode of Divergence Eve (actually it was so bad I only watched around half of the first episode).

Unless they changed things on the dvd release, the first ep was actually ep24 or something!

I actually thought that Divergence Eve was a passable space opera ruined by stupidly huge boobs!

Back