UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

Should be that price anyway for the base Fan tier but every streaming service is gouging now. The fan tier is €40 for a yearly sub here in Ireland with 99% of the UK catalogue available. Some oddities are missing like Overlord Season 1.

Yeah, they are all at it nowadays. I could believe the price of Netflix now when I had a look recently!

For that I'm thankfully under Skys old bolt on tarrif, €8 a month for Netflix and it automatically gets bumped up to the top tier as I have a Sky 4K sub for an additional €14 a month. This is still cheaper than paying for Netflix 4k by itself here.

That's a good deal then. I would never pay their prices on their own. If there is something I want to watch, I'll just use "alternative methods".

But the Crunchyroll deal seemed good value just for the convenience of having access to a load of shows at the click of a button.

I believe they do stack. So you'd get an extra 12 months on top of what you already have.
Mine didn’t as my subscription was due to renew towards the end of September but with the code added now renews in August 2025, so a year from yesterday, instead. Might be an isolated issue but worth pointing out.

Mine didn’t as my subscription was due to renew towards the end of September but with the code added now renews in August 2025, so a year from yesterday, instead. Might be an isolated issue but worth pointing out.

Hmm, strange. The forum posts elsewhere I read, said that they did.

Hmm, strange. The forum posts elsewhere I read, said that they did.
I can only theorise that my previous membership was the tier below and thus won’t stack, but I recall that was deemed as mega fan as well. In any case the Crunchyroll store is now giving me a 10% discount instead of 5% which is a bonus.

I can only theorise that my previous membership was the tier below and thus won’t stack, but I recall that was deemed as mega fan as well. In any case the Crunchyroll store is now giving me a 10% discount instead of 5% which is a bonus.
I was worried it wouldn't stack after buying the code but fortunately it did. May be the shorter duration between your current plan ending or the supposed tier difference then...

I was worried it wouldn't stack after buying the code but fortunately it did. May be the shorter duration between your current plan ending or the supposed tier difference then...
I’m glad it’s stacking for others - it may well be the end date affecting mine. Not a big loss either way and I’ll try using these cheaper codes moving forward.

I went ahead and snagged the deal too.
Me too.

Does anybody know how long the codes are valid for though? I tried to redeem the code but it wouldn’t let me until my subscription through Google Play expires on 23rd!

I‘ll probably get my money back now because if I wait until next week, and it doesn’t work then, it’ll be too late for a refund.

Me too.

Does anybody know how long the codes are valid for though? I tried to redeem the code but it wouldn’t let me until my subscription through Google Play expires on 23rd!

I‘ll probably get my money back now because if I wait until next week, and it doesn’t work then, it’ll be too late for a refund.

When I went to redeem my code on the CR website it said the code had to be used by the year 2029, so you should be good.

Last edited:
year of Crunchyroll megafan for £35.49, going in and out of stock
Can anyone enlighten me as to any benefits I’m overlooking with this?
Even the 10% (or 5%?) off isn’t really a saving over purchasing elsewhere (especially with the £6 shipping), and from what I can tell the only other part to it is some streaming access. Perhaps it‘s a different story for people who buy a lot of figures etc.

tl;dr: Just wondering if there’s any regular benefit (items? free shipping?) or one-off bonus worth the £35 that I’m missing?

Can anyone enlighten me as to any benefits I’m overlooking with this?
Even the 10% (or 5%?) off isn’t really a saving over purchasing elsewhere (especially with the £6 shipping), and from what I can tell the only other part to it is some streaming access. Perhaps it‘s a different story for people who buy a lot of figures etc.

tl;dr: Just wondering if there’s any regular benefit (items? free shipping?) or one-off bonus worth the £35 that I’m missing?

I think the value comes from the fact that the base tier is £4.99 per month direct from CR, which equals £59.88 for a year. Whereas the discount on CDKeys for the Mega Fan tier means that you're paying ~£2.90 a month for the tier above the basic package.

Direct from CR, the mega fan tier is £5.99 per month, so you're saving around £3 a month this way. Or saving £15 from CR's yearly fee of £59.99 for the mega fan tier.

With the mega-fan tier you can also stream on up to 4 devices at the same time, so if you have friends who are interested, you can share the cost and make it even cheaper for yourselves.

Last edited:
I think the value comes from the fact that the base tier is £4.99 per month direct from CR, which equals £59.88 for a year. Whereas the discount on CDKeys for the Mega Fan tier means that you're paying ~£2.90 a month for the tier above the basic package.

Direct from CR, the mega fan tier is £5.99 per month, so you're saving around £3 a month this way. Or saving £15 from CR's yearly fee of £59.99 for the mega fan tier.

With the mega-fan tier you can also stream on up to 4 devices at the same time, so if you have friends who are interested, you can share the cost and make it even cheaper for yourselves.
You can also download episodes for offline viewing on the Mega Fan tier, this isn't included in the base fan tier.

Back