UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

No it's locked to Region A. I bought it for the DVDs cos I love the show that much. Maybe one day I'll get a region free player.

I said to myself I'll only get a region free player if there's something I'm literally dying to get that I can't get on region B. So far, the UK/AUS/NZ have been satisfying my needs, haha.

I feel as if I had a region free player I'd be buying a lot of stuff that would be nice to have, but I could happily live without.

I said to myself I'll only get a region free player if there's something I'm literally dying to get that I can't get on region B. So far, the UK/AUS/NZ have been satisfying my needs, haha.

I feel as if I had a region free player I'd be buying a lot of stuff that would be nice to have, but I could happily live without.

I know how that feels. When you have a few thousand Region B discs, it's hard to justify getting even more releases I have no room for. Back when BD/DVD combo releases were a thing for mainstream companies (especially Funimation), I bought a fair few shows that I really wanted, even if I could only watch the DVDs. In some cases, patience turned out to be a virtue, especially for shows like Hanasaku Iroha and Princess Jellyfish, which eventually got UK Region B releases. Now I find that I've started collecting UHDs I can't play, as companies like Disney (and indeed Anime Limited) turn to UHD/BD combos.

I thought all UHDs were region free. Is that not the case?
as I understand it the UHD standard is region free.
unfortunately when authoring UHD discs the same software as authoring Blu Ray discs can be used and by using the region option in the software UHD discs can be given a region, whether by mistake or on purpose. this has resulted in roughly 20 UHD discs being region locked - I believe the Shout Factory Weathering With You US release is the only current anime UHD with this problem.

there's a list being maintained here

Back