UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

It's not inconsistency in audio and sub listings, it's that it changes them on the fly without me prompting it. Of course it may only be an issue for those who choose Japanese dialogue and ENglish subtitles, but I noticed in all except Volume 4, when the episode proper (not credits or previews) get to the disc's second layer, the subs switch to French.

As for the subs appearing during the OP ED, I think they were trying to be nifty and avoid creating a separate signs only track, and just having the subs activated to translate the songs.

I tried it in another player and the issues are the same. First Sony, then Panasonic. Also learned that the main menu hangs on disc 4 if you don't make a selection before the music ends. Instead of restarting, it just freezes, and the only way to kick the menu into life again is to press Play. No other remote buttons work.

If this ever makes it to Anime Legends, Beez has some work to do.

Oddly enough, I've never had a single issue with a Bandai disc.

Most of the errors on Beez disks are also on the Bandai ones, sound glitches due to subs (one of the Gundam series) etc.
Also get general faults far more often.

Great find, Fabby! I still only have the first disc of Fantastic Children, R1 that came with a soundtrack who knows how long ago, can't even remember why I didn't pick up the rest of the show but a tenner will do!

So, for £15 at HMV, there'd be no point in not ordering it from them and buying it from Beez at the Expo, right? They also have set 2 up for preorder at the same price, following the link in the "perfect partners" section of that listing.

Very low stock, normaly less than a dozen copies of anything+ total ass to search through, so whoever sees anything good first gets it. Not to mention packs of fujoshi getting in the way. also imposible to work out who's selling anything in advance (unlike with industry stalls) so pushing past crowds to try to look for any stalls selling things at all is bad enough.

Hmm, I've got the first four (all of which I would heartily recommend, although Noir would be less of a general recommendation and more of a "if you think you'll like it, you probably will"), can I be bothered to add Utawarerumono to my backlog...

Back