UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

Spotted on Amazon for £18.78

Quintessential Quintuplets [season 1]
Fire Force [season 1 part 2]
Reincarnated as a Slime [season 1 part 2]

Might be more but those stood out as having dropped recently!

I'm unsure if this set is OOP. The price is perhaps okay-ish. Though I'm aware it's sold out at MangaUK and Amazon.

I'm unsure if this set is OOP. The price is perhaps okay-ish. Though I'm aware it's sold out at MangaUK and Amazon.

I think Manga is just having stock issues at the moment. They'll be back on the other sites at some point

Spotted on Amazon for £18.78

Quintessential Quintuplets [season 1]
Fire Force [season 1 part 2]
Reincarnated as a Slime [season 1 part 2]

Might be more but those stood out as having dropped recently!

I want a season collection of Slime but not sure if they'll ever do one, what are the odds one will show up some day?

Overlord sets also had a small price drop:

Overlord Season 1 - £18.79
Overlord Season 3 - £20.19

Last edited:
Looks the same as this one except the back says it's only 12 episodes, I guess it has a space for the other part?

I am a big fan of full season collections. Guess I may just wait and see if they issue the same kind of thing in the UK sometime.
Correct it holds both parts

I doubt it mangauk just use the funimation box and replace the disks.
The fact they haven't and my friends at funimation confirmation only allocated some boxes for madman.

Looks the same as this one except the back says it's only 12 episodes, I guess it has a space for the other part?

I am a big fan of full season collections. Guess I may just wait and see if they issue the same kind of thing in the UK sometime.

They likely will not. They already released part 2 and had no signs of releasing the LE, and typically there is less reason to do so after the standard release, especially with newer titles to do too.
I recommend getting it if you like it as I did, as I waited for ages and then, after getting full confirmation it was a standard release, bought it.

Maybe you should check out the region page? If you collect complete series like me there are a list of titles that have complete sets.

Nice list, I do like my season collections.

For attack on titan I have season 1 complete, season 2 seems to exist from funi, but season 3 I can only find parts 1 and 2. Your list says all exist, is it due to LE or CE editions?

They likely will not. They already released part 2 and had no signs of releasing the LE, and typically there is less reason to do so after the standard release, especially with newer titles to do too.
I recommend getting it if you like it as I did, as I waited for ages and then, after getting full confirmation it was a standard release, bought it.

Bleh, I need to think long and hard about whether I want to allow parts to get into my (admittedly) small collection. Right now I only have full seasons, I'm missing some stuff that hasn't been released such as the Owari seasons for Monogatari, but I have some good bits and pieces and adding more as I go :)

If I don't want to allow parts then I think I just need to accept that waiting for full seasons is a pre-requisite, or I may never get it.

For attack on titan I have season 1 complete, season 2 seems to exist from funi, but season 3 I can only find parts 1 and 2. Your list says all exist, is it due to LE or CE editions?

Bleh, I need to think long and hard about whether I want to allow parts to get into my (admittedly) small collection. Right now I only have full seasons, I'm missing some stuff that hasn't been released such as the Owari seasons for Monogatari, but I have some good bits and pieces and adding more as I go :)

If I don't want to allow parts then I think I just need to accept that waiting for full seasons is a pre-requisite, or I may never get it.

Do you mean you only but it as complete collection sets?
You may be waiting a long while there unfortunately. I do think it might get one eventually... but, well, there's less incentive unless it's a really popular series to do so while there are a lot of the part sets still in circulation.
Is this a matter of shelf space out of curiosity? Or a dislike of how they would sit next to one another as separate pieces?

A few codes for books rather than discs.
Wordery:
Merry Christmas! Enjoy 13% off every other item in your basket on Christmas Day (ends 23:59 on 25/12/2020).

Use code: XMASD13 at checkout.

And Bookwalker. Is on the Japanese site, but worked on the Global site:
Screenshot_20201225-020359.png

Attack on titan season 3 complete set is only from the LE. No complete set in SE I'm afraid.

Attack on titan season 3 complete set is only from the LE. No complete set in SE I'm afraid.
There is a complete standard coming out next year, it's out in February in the US. Expect Manga to follow suit here.

There is a complete standard coming out next year, it's out in February in the US. Expect Manga to follow suit here.

That's a possibility considering how well attack on titan has sold in the UK

Do you mean you only but it as complete collection sets?
You may be waiting a long while there unfortunately. I do think it might get one eventually... but, well, there's less incentive unless it's a really popular series to do so while there are a lot of the part sets still in circulation.
Is this a matter of shelf space out of curiosity? Or a dislike of how they would sit next to one another as separate pieces?

Mainly just for consistency, full season sets are just more pleasing really. I could lower standards a bit and accept parts, but there aren't too many series I want with the problem, I figure if I just wait eventually I'll get a season set.

My collection is quite small, especially compared to a lot of people here, but I don't want it to become massive either really for space reasons.

This is the collection so far, with RE:Zero S1, KLK Boxset, GL and Fate UBW sets coming sometime in the future. Along with the Overlord seasons.

LA8MYygh.jpg

Mainly just for consistency, full season sets are just more pleasing really. I could lower standards a bit and accept parts, but there aren't too many series I want with the problem, I figure if I just wait eventually I'll get a season set.

My collection is quite small, especially compared to a lot of people here, but I don't want it to become massive either really for space reasons.

This is the collection so far, with RE:Zero S1, KLK Boxset, GL and Fate UBW sets coming sometime in the future. Along with the Overlord seasons.

LA8MYygh.jpg
Completely with you on full sets, aesthetically more pleasing and more compact for space (though good luck trying to keep the collection small!). Problem is when there is no telling if a full set will be ever be released, especially monogatari (season 3 set ever!?), that you just have to get the parts if you really want a series. I very happily took my monogatari season 2 parts back to cex when the boxset was released. I also hate it when distributers release series in multiple parts, especially multiple parts for just 1 season; don't really need to follow cour patterns for that, do they?

Back