UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

IncendiaryLemon said:
Was looking at the CeX site and saw they are selling Redline for £1 on Blu Ray. Seems a little too good to be true but I put an order in anyway.

https://uk.webuy.com/product.php?sku=50 ... mX27vnhCUk

Says 2 in stock but I ordered one so there might only be one left.

Wow that's cheap even with the £2.50 delivery charge, guessing it must be the 1 disc edition as the Collectors edition is also on there for £6.

https://uk.webuy.com/product.php?sku=50 ... mX8LdKLSM8

Jon O Fun said:
sniper_samurai said:
HdE said:
Anime Limited have gone and done it! Wings of Honneamise for £19.99
http://shop.alltheanime.com/products/12 ... lu-ray-dvd
And its £2 cheaper on Zavvi which is a bit disappointing.
lol gotta admit I was expecting a bigger discount... It's been £17.99 on Zavvi for about a month but was putting off buying it as thought it'd be cheaper from AL :(

Same, especially as Zavvi have a really good Euro rate and it would cost me an additional €4 to get it reshipped from the UK to Ireland(Its £12 shipping direct to Ireland on ALs webstore) from Anime Limited.

Rightstuf Xmas Sale Day 27

There's been over 20 days of sales over on Rightstuf and there are more and more items being added. DVD versions of the Blu-ray titles listed for Section23 Films (Maiden Japan, Sentai) are also on sale.

Disclaimer: Prices do not include postage and VAT.

1 Day Offer Deal:
Dai Shogun Great Revolution: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) - $29.99

Funimation
BlazBlue Alter Memory: Complete Series (Blu-ray & DVD) - $32.49
Cat Planet Cuties: Complete Series S.A.V.E. Edition (Blu-ray & DVD) - $12.49
Ghost Hunt: Complete Series S.A.V.E. Edition (DVD) - $14.99
Heaven's Lost Property Forte: Complete Series (Season 2) Anime Classics (Blu-ray & DVD) - $19.99

Maiden Japan
Glass Maiden: Complete Collection (DVD) - $17.49

Manga Entertainment/Anchor Bay
Dante's Inferno: An Animated Epic (Blu-ray) - $8.00

NIS America
Our Home's Fox Deity: Set 1 (DVD) - $20.99
Our Home's Fox Deity: Set 2 (DVD) - $20.99
Our Home's Fox Deity: Set 2 Premium Edition (DVD) - $32.99

Rightstuf Labels (Nozomi etc.)
Ah My Buddha!!: Complete Series (DVD) - $17.49

Sentai Filmworks
Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) - $26.99
Colorful: The Motion Picture (Blu-ray) - $13.99
Devil Survivor 2: The Animation: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) - $27.99
ef ~ A Tale of Memories & Melodies: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) - $34.99
Golgo 13: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) - $45.49
No. 6: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) - $24.49
Nyan Koi: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) - $24.49
Pet Shop of Horrors: Complete Collection (DVD) - $7.99
The Qwaser of Stigmata: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) - $39.99
Yumeria: Complete Collection (DVD) - $13.99

Manga:
Oh My Goddess: Omnibus Volume 1 (Dark Horse) - $9.99

Visual Novel:
ef ~ A Fairy Tale of the Two: Limited Edition (Eroge) - $35.97

You can still check out the others available from the previous days, these will all last until December 27th.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
.Mon.. | .Tue.. | .Wed.. | .Thu.. | ..Fri... | ..Sat.. | ..Sun..
******** | ******** | ******* | Day 01 | Day 02 | Day 03 | Day 04
Day 05 | Day 06 | Day 07 | Day 08 | Day 09 | Day 10 | Day 11
Day 12 | Day 13 | Day 14 | Day 15 | Day 16 | Day 17 | Day 18
Day 19 | Day 20 | Day 21 | Day 22 | Day 23 | Day 24 | Day 25
Day 26 | Day 27
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Scratch that. I think the whole ******* thing was big mistake by the customs.

It was regarding the Madman orders and i really don't get why the custom picked them up even though there was no reason to do so. Even with postage's every order was under 22 euros (i double checked) so i don't know why they were taken.

Maybe they didn't realize that the currency was Australian dollar and not American dollar. Big difference between the two.

HdE said:

As with Kill La Kill yesterday, it's a little pricier than I'd like for a sale item (I think I paid about a fiver more for it on Amazon)
I went on the site and thought it was £12.99 but I'd just been accidentally taking the 12 from the 12 days part. Oh well, that's a shame because £12.99 would have been a really great deal.

I still think it's worth £19.99, it is quite a good film.

IncendiaryLemon said:
I really want to get Hidamari Sketch but I don't know if I should just wait for MVM's UK release in January...
On the one hand, I'd kind of like to encourage supporting the MVM release just so that it might succeed and they end up releasing more of this kind of thing over here. On the other hand, the MVM release probably won't drop below £20 too soon and is likely to be higher (especially since prices seem to have gone up a bit in general recently) so which one is better for your budget could be a factor (though I don't know if the sale prices with postage and stuff end up much better). You'd also have to wait longer for the rest of the releases by MVM, though on the plus side the Honeycomb Blu-ray might end up coming out around the same time. I suppose if you did buy all of the sets it'd be a slight gamble since it's vaguely possible that you might actually not enjoy the show (though I'm really not sure that's likely).

It's maybe worth noting that xSP is only two episodes, though they're good episodes and have possibly the best ED in the series that I've seen so far (I maybe like the music for the first one better but the both the music and visuals are particularly strong on this one). The Sentai set does also tend to be available for less than £10 through sellers on Amazon (and maybe elsewhere) so that might be a better option since it wouldn't have any customs and should include shipping.

Smeelia said:
HdE said:

As with Kill La Kill yesterday, it's a little pricier than I'd like for a sale item (I think I paid about a fiver more for it on Amazon)
I went on the site and thought it was £12.99 but I'd just been accidentally taking the 12 from the 12 days part. Oh well, that's a shame because £12.99 would have been a really great deal.

I still think it's worth £19.99, it is quite a good film.

It would be if Zavvi weren't selling it for £18, hell I held off buying it on Black Friday when it was £15.30 due to being eligible for a 15% off code as I was expecting it to be cheaper in the 12 days sale.

sniper_samurai said:
It would be if Zavvi weren't selling it for £18, hell I held off buying it on Black Friday when it was £15.30 due to being eligible for a 15% off code as I was expecting it to be cheaper in the 12 days sale.
Maybe so but then it's only £2 more and I guess you'd be supporting Anime Limited a bit more directly. It might also depend on how you feel about Zavvi and how lucky you've been with their post.

I would agree that I'd have expected it to be lower though, perhaps at least partly because they've had quite a few very good sales in the past.

Smeelia said:
(though I don't know if the sale prices with postage and stuff end up much better).

The sale price with postage still works out considerably cheaper. MVM's BD is currently up at £33 on Amazon and in the RS sale I could get Season 1 shipped for a little under £22 although technically the price would go down if I added more items to the basket. For example, I want to get Welcome to the NHK too seeing as that is a pretty good price and I'm tired of waiting for it to go DOTW so if I added that too I could get both shipped for £32, essentially bringing the cost down to £16 each.

Are you taking potential customs into account though? I always assume that I'll have to pay if it's a possibility and then consider it a bonus if it gets through without.

Is it the SAVE version of Welcome to the NHK you were looking at? I think you could get that shipped and without customs for a not unreasonable amount (looks like it's £12.76 from a seller on Amazon at the moment).

Smeelia said:
sniper_samurai said:
Maybe so but then it's only £2 more and I guess you'd be supporting Anime Limited a bit more directly. It might also depend on how you feel about Zavvi and how lucky you've been with their post.

I would agree that I'd have expected it to be lower though, perhaps at least partly because they've had quite a few very good sales in the past.
Comes out quite a bit more for me on the AL site than Zavvi. For me it is closer to £5.25 more to get it reshipped from a UK address from AL or £14 more to get it shipped directly to Ireland

Back