UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

Don't all cyberpunk detective shows morph into something else at some point? ^^;

But your point is taken. If someone came to me asking for a "detective" story I agree I wouldn't point them in the direction of EP - but that's also not quite what I was saying in the first place.

Thought this might be better placed in this thread but for history see the "Anime/Manga I bought today" thread.

Guilty Crown LE has just dropped to EUR 12.42 with amazon.it seller rarewaves USA.
http://www.amazon.it/gp/offer-listing/B00CU6WAO6/

It could be a bug / mis-listed item etc but looks reasonably legit. Same seller has had a lot of anime at crazy prices for last couple of days. Some of us have purchased items from this seller and are currently awaiting dispatch.

Been trying to see if other Amazon versions are doing the same but it looks like .it is the only one offering prices that low. Now I'm curious if they'll bring in more stock for some of the titles that have sold out like Angel Beats for example.

The best place to start off (I've found) were links posted by BlackStrat in the other thread;

BlackStrat said:

I had been confused as to why there were some things I had managed to find by digging but didn't appear to be in the above links. Finally I worked out that even though it was sorted by price there were some things out of order. e.g. Guilty Crown is actually on page 19 of the Blu-ray link above.

msgeek said:
The best place to start off (I've found) were links posted by BlackStrat in the other thread;

BlackStrat said:

I had been confused as to why there were some things I had managed to find by digging but didn't appear to be in the above links. Finally I worked out that even though it was sorted by price there were some things out of order. e.g. Guilty Crown is actually on page 19 of the Blu-ray link above.
You are right it does appear on p19... Maybe the price dropped recently and it is still cached where it originally was or something?
By the way I honestly have no idea how I managed to get on that page, I find Amazon's interface to be pretty counterintuitive for marketplace sellers.

Took a punt on a few BDs myself - namely Tenchi Movies, Mysterious GF X, Familiar of Zero S3 and Soul Eater NOT! - the latter two being titles I probably wouldn't otherwise buy. Will be interested to see whether anything comes of it.

I'm not sure if anyone has posted this before, or if you could technically call it a sale - but an eBayer called all_your_music is selling some Funimation/Sentai Filmworks and maybe other distributors from America at fairly decent prices with free delivery. I've purchased Maoyu! on DVD for around £15 & Glass Mask Collection 1 for around the same price. Has anyone else used them? Also, hope it helps!

Here's a link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/DVDs-Blurays-/617/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=&_ssn=all_your_music

@IncendiaryLemon - Best I have found starting on the above link is to put "anime" in the search box and tick the search descriptions box. (then obv press search)

msgeek said:
I've used them a fair bit via their Amazon UK marketplace account. They are customs friendly. Shipping is reasonably quick.

Select DVD and Blu-ray from the side, then you can filter by genre ("Animation & Anime").

Edit: Actually don't bother, most of them aren't categorised under Animation & Anime for some reason.

msgeek said:
@IncendiaryLemon - Best I have found starting on the above link is to put "anime" in the search box and tick the search descriptions box. (then obv press search)

Right, thanks. Didn't really see much that took my interest apart from Chobits but I could get that at a similar price from UP1 and not have to worry about import fees.

IncendiaryLemon said:
Is there a way to just see the Anime?

Unfortunately, they don't categorize the anime under the category for it. If you search the title of what you want, it should show up - that's how I find it anyway.

Amazon UK
Baccano - Collector's Edition Blu-Ray Set has decreased from £49.99 to £36.00
Puella Magi Madoka Magica The Movie: Part 1 and Part 2 - Beginnings/Eternal Blu-ray has decreased from £33.00 to £28.75

Back