UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

Shiroi Hane said:
The Place Promised / Voices twin pack pre-order on Amazon is only £14 (RRP £34.99).

Coming back down to the price it was when I orginally pre-ordered it in January (£13.47)

I think I'm tempted to buy The Places Promised/Voices, what format is it in though? Knowing my luck, it'll be BluRay :(

I have like 20 anime series on my to buy list, all of which I've never seen either. Eugh. I hope more come on sale for sure.

I wish Waiting In The Summer had an English Dub. I really want it. I might not let the no Eng Dub stop me either.

windcott said:
wow, so happy, thought it ended. Picked up both season of Gits, Xma'd and Deadman Wonderland bluray all for £50 ! :D

Yeah i thought so too till i tried it again earlier and on checkout it told me the end date was tomorrow.

Tempted to pick up both seasons of Gits too, heard they're good but never watched any of it, only seen the film, the 2.0 one as well.

DragonBlaze67 said:
windcott said:
wow, so happy, thought it ended. Picked up both season of Gits, Xma'd and Deadman Wonderland bluray all for £50 ! :D

Yeah i thought so too till i tried it again earlier and on checkout it told me the end date was tomorrow.

Tempted to pick up both seasons of Gits too, heard they're good but never watched any of it, only seen the film, the 2.0 one as well.

Yh, my only experience of gits are the two oshii films on BD, 2.0 and innocence (both of which i love). I tried watching the original version, but the master for it on the BD is soo bad. Now I've picked up the two seasons and pre-ordered the Gits steelbook ! All thats left is the Solid state society film.

I've heard the show is quite good, albeit less intellectual/philosophical then the oshii film, and more light/comedic in tone.

DragonBlaze67 said:
windcott said:

I'd grab them if I were you, both seasons are very good. If anything I think I prefer them to the movies.

-Danielle- said:

Does anyone know of anywhere other than UP1 that's selling the Persona 4 Complete Collection please?

The only other UK based site I can think of is Otaku.co.uk (Link)

There is of course Amazon.com or Amazon.ca but you run the risk of having import charges due to the price of the item.

SnowWolf said:
Weird. Currently on Amazon UK, Attack on Titan Collectors Edition blu ray (29.00) is cheaper then the regular blu ray (34.16).

Definitely weird, but base.com has the collectors edition up for £26.99

Back