TYPE-MOON Thread - Tsukihime, Fate, The Garden of Sinners, Witch on the Holy Night - Discussion and Guide

Happy Tsukihime release day. It's wild to think we have this officially released now when there was a time I legitimately thought it would never happen.
I pre-ordered the physical PS4 limited edition from Amazon.com. This means I won't get to start playing until at least 5th July, when they tell me it's likely to arrive here in the UK... Oh well. I much prefer having physical editions of these things, and I wish Aniplex would release them here without forcing fans to import them. The Witch on the Holy Night limited edition was lovely, so I hope the Tsukihime release is as good.

I pre-ordered the physical PS4 limited edition from Amazon.com. This means I won't get to start playing until at least 5th July, when they tell me it's likely to arrive here in the UK... Oh well. I much prefer having physical editions of these things, and I wish Aniplex would release them here without forcing fans to import them. The Witch on the Holy Night limited edition was lovely, so I hope the Tsukihime release is as good.
I don't blame you, I made the choice to support the UK release specifically for these titles but on the side already have the JPN switch imports for my desire to have them physically (I am sad Tsukihime doesn't seem to have been patched with the new English release but I might double triple dip on the new Asia SKU). I will do the same with F/SN.

Is it a waste of money? Yes I admit it very much is but if I want to support both physical and local then it's what I will do.

After re-reading the prologue sequence again but now coming from Witch on the Holy Night last year there were a few things about Aoko's character I appreciated more compared to when I read the fan translation.

Finally got around to Tsukihime today having had no time earlier this week. I too bought the digital version on switch to support the UK release, for what it's worth, but would very much prefer if they released physical versions here too (not holding my breath given that physical releases seem to be anathema for the majority of peeps now 😞).

Really enjoying it with it's great and polished prologue, even better than witch on the holy night's. The latter definitely helped with the focus on that character heh. Excited about finally experiencing Tsukihime and so glad that type-moon stuff is making its way west!

There's a limited edition? I missed news on that.

Finally got around to Tsukihime today having had no time earlier this week. I too bought the digital version on switch to support the UK release, for what it's worth, but would very much prefer if they released physical versions here too (not holding my breath given that physical releases seem to be anathema for the majority of peeps now 😞).

Really enjoying it with it's great and polished prologue, even better than witch on the holy night's. The latter definitely helped with the focus on that character heh. Excited about finally experiencing Tsukihime and so glad that type-moon stuff is making its way west!
Hope you enjoy. This is one of my favorite VN's.

Re-reading the Arc route is fine and all but I am looking forward to the Ciel route since I purposefully held off (for over a year now lmao).

There's a limited edition? I missed news on that.
Yeah Murica only, same as Witch on the Holy Night :(

Keep an eye out for the upcoming Fate/Stay Night release as that is likely to get one too I guess.

Hope you enjoy. This is one of my favorite VN's.

Re-reading the Arc route is fine and all but I am looking forward to the Ciel route since I purposefully held off (for over a year now lmao).

Yeah Murica only, same as Witch on the Holy Night :(

Keep an eye out for the upcoming Fate/Stay Night release as that is likely to get one too I guess.
Isn't the Witch of the Holy Night one the JP release that has english subtitles included? Or is there a US one too? And if the latter, are they identical or different.

Isn't the Witch of the Holy Night one the JP release that has english subtitles included? Or is there a US one too? And if the latter, are they identical or different.
Both, The JP version has english subs and there was a US physical release too. They are identical translations.

As an aside: it's been confirmed officially that the JP copy of Tsukihime won't be updated with the new translation. Phooey

Both, The JP version has english subs and there was a US physical release too. They are identical translations.

As an aside: it's been confirmed officially that the JP copy of Tsukihime won't be updated with the new translation. Phooey

That's good. And packed goods are the same? Or is there anything missing like a soundtrack bundled into one but not the other.

Thanks. I'll check it out.

Back