TYPE-MOON Thread - Tsukihime, Fate, The Garden of Sinners, Witch on the Holy Night - Discussion and Guide

Aack Fate overload - I'm still onTsukihime!!

But great news, and very much have my VN calendar now stacked for a good while given my 🐢 pace. Very happy about Hollow Ataraxia. I got the feeling it would be on the cards with their slew of global VN releases, so had been hopeful they would give us this at some point, but this announcement is still earlier than expected - guess they're making hay whilst the sun shines. Aaaaand Fate Extra as well! I wonder if I'll be finally fed up with franchise once I eventually get through all these heh.

Yes I saw that one on steam and added it to the wishlist. I'll keep an eye on it! Do you recommend reading that before or after Tsukihime?
Honestly you can read it either way around you prefer. Witch was written first (although released later because nasu couldn'tget it published) there are a few little nods and cameos in Tsukihime that is nice, but there is nothing in it that is plot essential.

Glad I am not in a hurry to reread it then. I can wait for a patch as I play Tsukihime (almost done with Arcs route)
I'm also going through Tsukihime atm. Are you playing the OG or the remake? I'm going through the OG myself. Figured I wanted the experience of the original before I look into the remakes. I've heard they've added new characters and stuff.
I finished Arcueid's routes yesterday, onto Ciel's now. I'm playing them in the suggested order. I was surprised at how short it was though. A mix of reading fast and having recently finishing Muv-Luv Alternative and Total Eclipse makes it seem short in comparison anyway 😂

I'm also going through Tsukihime atm. Are you playing the OG or the remake? I'm going through the OG myself. Figured I wanted the experience of the original before I look into the remakes. I've heard they've added new characters and stuff.
I finished Arcueid's routes yesterday, onto Ciel's now. I'm playing them in the suggested order. I was surprised at how short it was though. A mix of reading fast and having recently finishing Muv-Luv Alternative and Total Eclipse makes it seem short in comparison anyway 😂
I'm reading the remake. I read the OG a long time ago so tbh I don't remember all the details anymore but I can say the remake does flesh things out much better. Hope you enjoy it :).

Glad I am not in a hurry to reread it then. I can wait for a patch as I play Tsukihime (almost done with Arcs route)
I just finished Arc's route 😥, on to the next after a breather. Got FSN on Steam(for longer term posterity) but may be tempted up get it on the switch by the time I get to it.

Wanted your opinion on whether some other fairly reduced (80% off) Fate games on switch are worth buying: Extella link & umbral star?

I just finished Arc's route 😥, on to the next after a breather. Got FSN on Steam(for longer term posterity) but may be tempted up get it on the switch by the time I get to it.

Wanted your opinion on whether some other fairly reduced (80% off) Fate games on switch are worth buying: Extella link & umbral star?
I haven't played them tbh. But they are mousou games if you like that genre. At 80% off though I am tempted to give them a look too lol.

What did you think off the Arc route BTW?

mousou games
Had to Google that heh, reminds me of those scrolling arcade games (like the opening of Nier automata). Just saw they're on steam so may wait for sales on there instead as less likely to play any time soon.
What dod you think off the Arc route BTW?
I really enjoyed it! The characters and lore are fascinating. Have to say I found Shiki a bit insufferable but Arcueid more than made up for it (as designed heh) and it all came together well in the end. Looking forward to filling more gaps in the story with the next route

Yeah Shiki definitely has a short temper and doesn't do himself any favours by not explaining himself properly. He is the opposite of Shirou in many ways lol.
Heheh that's a good comparison that I didn't think about. But by the end his behaviour, whilst still annoying, is qualified relatively well I think in it all ultimately being defensive in who it is reserved for 😅. Still would rather have that than a blank canvass personality devoid protagonist.

Back