Tottenham riot

Ryo Chan said:
not to worry ilmae, but it's kicking off in Birmingham too

I have to walk along that high street to get to my job too, that's gonna be pretty anti motivational tomorrow, that's if everything hasn't been sectioned off and diverted.

Soubi-Hurt said:
Why can't we just go back to 1800s when men were real men and and Army majors had mutton chops and when Britain was a proud empire and nation.
You don't need men with mutton chops when you have Dudley:

Dudley3sportrait.gif

On a serious note, my honest reaction to the stupidity of your post is this

@Ark & Mutsumi: I'm with you on this one

Ark said:
One similarity was that the Right-Wing back then were also declaring that it was the end of the world and that the previous century was so much better. Just like they are today.

Difference is that now the left are saying the same thing. We live in a world which is getting better for the people at the very top at the expense of everyone else. Thing about society's pyramid is that there are a hell of a lot more people at the bottom than there are at the top, and if all the people at the top are doing is looking after their own interests (which is all they are doing) they had better either watch out or start committing genocide.

Mutsumi said:
Soubi-Hurt said:
Why can't we just go back to 1800s when men were real men and and Army majors had mutton chops and when Britain was a proud empire and nation.

Because it was a sexist, racist, corrupt shambles, where people were a commodity to be exploited by the rich.

That's all true but the best response to Right-Wing romanticisation of the past is to show how in reality it didn't even conform to their standards, let alone modern values of equality etc.

devilrules666 said:
Just been sent home from work in Clapham Junction because police reckon that is going to kick off. **** youth today make me sick. I might not have a job tomorrow because of them. I really feel sorry for the people that have lost homes through.

My sympathies certainly go out to anyone that has lost their homes and or work because of all this, but I think its important not to just simply say "******* youths make me sick" and leave it at that but to try and actually figure out the cause of all this.

I've heard many people come out and say now "they're just remorseless little thieves and criminals", and while that is probably true its certainly not difficult to understand the youths anger. The facts are most of the youths in these specific areas are poorly educated, living in poverty, jobless, thanks to all the cuts probably have no youth clubs to go to and just generally have no good future prospects. This has become an opportunity for them to vent as much as anything.

Of course I certainly don't condone any kind of looting or unnecessary violence, but the youths are just a reflection of their environment and our nation.

"There is just one simple message for young people - don't give in to the temptation to trash your own communities" - Simon Hughes

I like how he admits it *is* tempting to trash your community.

This has simply become more and more sickening as the day has rolled on, if anyone is in the affected areas I hope you and your families have stayed safe and out of the way.

Tachi said:
well, either way i'm fine with the mindless rampage. Its only a matter of time till well have civil unrest enough for a uprise or a civil war. The day that bombshell kicks off i'll sit with a twisted grin on my face.
Thank you for providing the most predictable response of anyone on the forum, it's like a nice bit of stability in the middle of a crazy day.

vashdaman said:
devilrules666 said:
Just been sent home from work in Clapham Junction because police reckon that is going to kick off. **** youth today make me sick. I might not have a job tomorrow because of them. I really feel sorry for the people that have lost homes through.

My sympathies certainly go out to anyone that has lost their homes and or work because of all this, but I think its important not to just simply say "**** youths make me sick" and leave it at that but to try and actually figure out the cause of all this.

I've heard many people come out and say now "they're just remorseless little thieves and criminals", and while that is probably true its certainly not difficult to understand the youths anger. The facts are most of the youths in these specific areas are poorly educated, living in poverty, jobless, thanks to all the cuts probably have no youth clubs to go to and just generally have no good future prospects. This has become an opportunity for them to vent as much as anything.

Of course I certainly don't condone any kind of looting or unnecessary violence, but the youths are just a reflection of their environment and our nation.

While it cannot be justified, SOME probably do have a 'genuine' reason for whatever they're doing, but the people just trashing places and burning primary schools and childrens hospitals are scum. They are not people just caught up in the mindset or with a genuine grievance, they are just ****ing ****s who delight in violence and it's saddening how many of them there are. I used to think Golding was wrong with Lord of the Flies, now I'm not so sure...

Ryo Chan said:
forced conscripiton solves everything

they probually know how to use guns already

And in any case, with todays youth who feel no fear in the police force (a complete turn about from the police of the 70's era) forced conscription, although i myself have pondered the effects of it coming into affect and hoping it would work, sadly won't work. Political corectness stands tall in this day and age, where you'd have a sargent stood infront of someone's bed quarters giving them a bollocking because of the slightest thing. Now they are told not to shout at people, and with the mindset of youth today they'd just argue back, or start a fight, or just stab their superiors and end up either court marshalled and back on the streets OR prison.

Plus, its probably plain sailing to those who know how to handle a gun already, but for those who don't know, they will do by the time they leave. effectively training them to be killers (which is what you want in an army but not to use that knowledge to go back to the streets and become even worse of a threat)

Tachi said:
well, either way i'm fine with the mindless rampage. Its only a matter of time till well have civil unrest enough for a uprise or a civil war. The day that bombshell kicks off i'll sit with a twisted grin on my face.
Thank you for providing the most predictable response of anyone on the forum, it's like a nice bit of stability in the middle of a crazy day.[/quote]

I'll take that as a compliment, so long as they carry on their ravaging of stores, looting and arson but don't start using it to attack and mug other members of the public then go for it, literally go knock yourself out over it.

Its gang culture moreso than anything, if we end up with a city like in InFAMOUS then it'd be a dog eat dog world for sure. Gangs controlling a country, hell even i shudder at that thought. But for the mean time i'll sit smiling over the anarchy, hoping that the government realise the alterior motives of those partaking in this riot. Its just too expensive for some to live in this country, the government carry the wrong people, job wages get capped and taxs rise, it doesn't add up.

I really think someone needs to explain the obvious race issue that everyone seems to be pretending isn't there.

I have been watching sky news and a young shop owner was being interviewed explaining what happened and he said "my shop my being raided at least 100 black youths" and the interviewer told him he was stereotyping and she was sure not all people present were black to which he responded "Yes, not everyone there was black, I was there." She very quickly glossed over the issue.

I think it needs to be addressed because obviously the general public are watching and seeing "black youths" and not fully understanding why this is. I have an uneasy feeling that support for BNP will sky rocket after this.

Soubi-Hurt said:
I think my post was what they call taking the piss and thus should not had been taken seriously.

With right-wingers you never can tell. Saying something stupid and backwards like that only stands out as an obvious joke if you do not say similar things regularly to begin with.

race race race race race it cant be all about race i mean if you look on the news theres some white youths along with black youths and brown youths and all that missing is the asian youths. i dont think all this is about race roits i think its just opportunities that sees it to rob things they want.

AF17, white, black, brown but not asian? hang on what do you mean brown you freak? and there are asians in the crowds ¬___¬

Im trying to stay out of the racial thing as i hold views that PC police won't like, and rui will scold my hands, but i can see a racial civil war erupting. If im right or not is yet to be seen but i'll wait it out.

There are alot of reasons why this has been kicking off so its not just down to race, but either way i hope that things are quiet this weekend as i'll be in london, chingford area, going to a wedding (Denise and Ev are finally getting married, they are like second family to us and i can't wait for their caribbean food :D )

Back