The Visual Novel Thread

I absolutely loved Root Letter.

It wasnt just a lot of reading with hardly any decisions and stuff to do which is great and the kind I prefer.
I couldn’t finish Hakuoki because it was mainly reading and I’m worried Steins Gate and 0 as well as Psycho Pass Mandatory Happiness will be similar.

Can anyone advise?

Also, I think i’d like Chaos Child. Has anyone played it?

NormanicGrav

And you thought there is never a Grav online

Muv-Luv, Muv-Luv Unlimited and Muv-Luv Alternative will be given a retail and digital release on the PlayStation Vita by publisher PQube on behalf of ixtl and the Muv-Luv team. PQube will also be helping them with the Kickstarter to let folks receive their special edition sets when they are made available later in the year.

Rice Digital will also be offering collector's editions for the Vita games. Due to Japan's regulations on game consoles/portables, the Muv-Luv trilogy will be the D rated versions (17+) and not the Eroge version (18+).

NormanicGrav

I thought the Vita was on its way out now? I know Sony haven't got a successor planned but I didn't realise they were doing anything else with it.
Believe it or not the Vita is like a zombie. It's still alive even though it's dead.

I'm slowly updating the Vita thread but there are some big titles coming to Vita this year including Persona 3/5 Dancing games, Catherine, Utawarerumono, Secret of Mana and many more. The platform itself has at least 2 years max left in its lifespan, same for the 3DS.

NormanicGrav

CLANNAD's upcoming PlayStation 4 release will also have English text available. I believe this is the first visual novel to offer English support on a Japanese only release.

The PS4 version is based on the PS3 master with 1080p HD resolution and 5.1ch Surround Sound. It is currently set for June 2018 and is available to pre-order on Amazon Japan and Play Asia.

NormanicGrav

Horror visual novel from NIS called Shin Hayarigami received a stealth release for the west on smartphones. The title was renamed Urban Legend Shin Hayarigami: The Blind Man. It's available for £2.99.

The game was released in Japan for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita with a rare rating of CERO Z for strong bloody violence.