Nazca - 7 euro
Hand Maid May - 7 euro
Strawberry Eggs - 4 euro
Strange Dawn - 8 euro
Nurse Nanako - 6 euro
Gall Force (3 DVDs, so I suppose it includes all the OVAs) - 7 euro
Fake (OVA) - 6 euro

Anything worth buying?
I'm pretty sure I watched Swan Lake, Ai City and Gall Force ages ago but this is the only thing I remember, maybe this indicates they left me cold.

Teo

teonzo said:
I've seen some anime on offer (Italian editions), they are:

Brain Powerd - 16 euro
Ai City (movie) - 5 euro
Locke The Superman (movie) - 2 euro
Swan Lake (movie) - 7 euro
Shamanic Princess (OVA) - 3 euro
Nazca - 7 euro
Hand Maid May - 7 euro
Strawberry Eggs - 4 euro
Strange Dawn - 8 euro
Nurse Nanako - 6 euro
Gall Force (3 DVDs, so I suppose it includes all the OVAs) - 7 euro
Fake (OVA) - 6 euro

Anything worth buying?

Shamanic Princess is definitely worth 3 euros if you can tolerate stylish girly designs. Fake has some boys love themes, so if you don't like that kind of thing, avoid that one. It's quite fun otherwise in a fluffy, pointless way.

I cannot stand Gall Force.

R

Rui said:
if you are familiar with the Bakumatsu period, which I'm guessing you are
I knew they called you Rui - Internet Sleuth for a reason. :p

Hayate No Gotoku from ilmaestro's list is also worth a second look. The characters are very cute and annoying-looking (sorry)
But why would you... щ(゚Д゚щ)

Zin5ki said:
teonzo said:
Brain Powerd - 16 euro

Locke The Superman (movie) - 2 euro
With English subtitles they would fetch a pretty penny.

Unfortunately for you these offers on Amazon.it have only Japanese + Italian audio and Italian subtitles. If they had English subtitles I would have reported them in the sales thread. By the way, thanks, I'll get these ones.

Rui said:
Shamanic Princess is definitely worth 3 euros if you can tolerate stylish girly designs.

Not a problem about this, so I'll add this title too, thanks.

Rui said:
Fake has some boys love themes, so if you don't like that kind of thing, avoid that one. It's quite fun otherwise in a fluffy, pointless way.

Not my cup of tea, I'll pass.

Teo

Rui said:
I cannot stand Gall Force.
You terrible person.

It's not a great work of genius by any stretch of the imagination, but I think Gall Force is a good fun little sci-fi show the likes of which we rarely (if ever) see any more. Sure there are strong female characters and weak female characters and none of them are very deep, but at least they aren't reduced to gratuitous gainaxing, blushing and panty shots like most shows with all female main casts these days. And they aren't all fifteen. Kenichi Sonoda's always excellent character designs are just the cherry on the plain but satisfying cake - at least they are for me.

Kyaku said:
Of course, to argue that Strike Witches as a whole has improved the mecha genre for the better without touching on the blatant use of underwear is like offering a guest crackers but without the cheese to accompany it.
:lol:

You've been waiting for your chance to really go to town on this, haven't you?

Thing is, I kinda knew Rui wasn't going to bite even as I was typing it up. Which is a shame, as I'd quite like to know her reasons for disliking Gall Force, but I have a feeling I'm not going to find out.

Aww, I can't actually remember anything specific about it that I didn't like, I just found it sort of lifeless and boring. I haven't seen every Gall Force version though, and it was a dubbed VHS tape, so it's likely that the dub wound me up as well. Would you recommend I tried again with a specific (non-dubbed) volume? Serious question.

For what it's worth I really didn't like Strike Witches either...but I kept quiet on a "nay" as I know I'm not the target audience for that at all :X

R

Any thoughts on Gunslinger Girl?

Watched a trailer on one of my Chobits DVDs and thought it could be worth a look, even moreso considering the US blu-rays for S1 and S2 are Region A/B.

Back