The "Recommend Me A New Anime/Manga" Thread

Joshawott said:
I'm tempted to try out "Birdy the Mighty: Decode". Would anyone recommend it?

Play.com currently have volume 1 for £15 and volume 2 for £8.

Definetly worth a purchase (i got it for christmas) DOS FIGHTS!! AND DAT STORY!! 8)

Yeah I really enjoyed Kimi ni Todoke, although I've not seen the second series yet. It's a very 'heart in the right place' drama with a dab of occasional humour etc.

The live version adaptation also very closely matches the material adapted to the first series of the anime, so it's also well worth a watch if you find yourself enjoying it (obviously in a more condensed 2 hr version)

@Daichi
Escaflowne is actually well worth watching once, if not for the madness that is Dilandau, but the UK DVD picture quality is AWFUL, the version I rented off lovefilm was quite honestly the worst DVD transfer I think I've ever seen and the fansubs looked a lot better.

I think the US versions are meant to be a lot better; Escaflowne was discussed at length in one of the podcasts AUKN did recently, so might be worth giving a little of that a listen.

alexrose1uk said:
Yeah I really enjoyed Kimi ni Todoke, although I've not seen the second series yet. It's a very 'heart in the right place' drama with a dab of occasional humour etc.

The live version adaptation also very closely matches the material adapted to the first series of the anime, so it's also well worth a watch if you find yourself enjoying it (obviously in a more condensed 2 hr version)

@Daichi
Escaflowne is actually well worth watching once, if not for the madness that is Dilandau, but the UK DVD picture quality is AWFUL, the version I rented off lovefilm was quite honestly the worst DVD transfer I think I've ever seen and the fansubs looked a lot better.

I think the US versions are meant to be a lot better; Escaflowne was discussed at length in one of the podcasts AUKN did recently, so might be worth giving a little of that a listen.

Thats the reason i wanna watch it but then again, i never watched more than 2 episodes of bebop when it was on anime central (which i also did for GiTS SAC) so i'm not sure if id appreciate it more now than i did back then??? i will eventually get both but i cant decide which one to start with.

*checks bank*
Father's promised birthday money hasn't hit yet T_T

When it does, I shall. Hopefully the Premium Edition stays around...

daichi383 said:
Joshawott said:
*checks bank*

Hope you can get it, its a great set :wink:
If it isn't in by 2am this morning (when my bank rolls over), I might just bug Mum to lend me £20 or so for Madoka customs next month xD

I'm in a "SPEND ALL THE MONEY!" mood.

Joshawott said:
daichi383 said:
Joshawott said:
*checks bank*

Hope you can get it, its a great set :wink:
If it isn't in by 2am this morning (when my bank rolls over), I might just bug Mum to lend me £20 or so for Madoka customs next month xD

I'm in a "SPEND ALL THE MONEY!" mood.

I'm in that mood all the time even though i don't have any (Damn you bakuman and one piece) :roll:

Well, my birthday just passed so I have money to spend - I spent about £200 in one day the other day (Multi-region BD player, Toradora, World God Only Knows).

Joshawott said:
Well, my birthday just passed so I have money to spend - I spent about £200 in one day the other day (Multi-region BD player, Toradora, World God Only Knows).

Oh god thats out already... STOP TEMPTING ME :p

My copy should arrive tomorrow or the day after. I thought "What Region A only Blu-ray should I get first?"

Thought it was worthy.

Joshawott said:
My copy should arrive tomorrow or the day after. I thought "What Region A only Blu-ray should I get first?"

Thought it was worthy.

Great Purchase! I'm just waiting for Bakuman volume 1 and One Piece Collection 1 since that's all i can afford this month since i lost my blooming job (my fault for not bending over backwards for my boss).

Zavvi has Bamboo Blade at £7/£10 for v1/2 respectively, much cheaper than the boxset which is priced at £30 everywhere I look. Seems like a bargain, can anyone recommend it?

VoxPhantom said:
Zavvi has Bamboo Blade at £7/£10 for v1/2 respectively, much cheaper than the boxset which is priced at £30 everywhere I look. Seems like a bargain, can anyone recommend it?

Its disposable entertainment. its by no means bad because its quite entertaining but its not the best thing ever. at that price i'd go for it especially because of the above average quality of the show in general. it's better than K-on! :roll:

Is Puella Magi Madoka Magica really as good as they say? haven't never seen it I'm not sure if I should get the blu-rays then turns out that I really like it and should have got the LE sets.

Back