The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

I've had that Goshogun: The Tme Etranger Blu-ray in my Save For Later queue for a few years, and didn't even realize it was a Discotek release. I saw the movie online somewhere maybe 3 or 4 years ago and vaguely remember that it was pretty good. I guess I'll finally have to add that in with the next order I place from Rightstuf... 👍

Spotted the most recent Berserk series is on Crunchyroll with a dub, didn’t even realise it had been dubbed. Anyway just wondered if it’s was the broadcast version or does it match the version on the blu-rays?

Heard it had updated animation for the blu-ray and with it being that janky 3D stuff I thought I’d check. Just wanna make sure I watch the best quality version since it’s gonna annoy me anyway 😂

Spotted the most recent Berserk series is on Crunchyroll with a dub, didn’t even realise it had been dubbed. Anyway just wondered if it’s was the broadcast version or does it match the version on the blu-rays?

Heard it had updated animation for the blu-ray and with it being that janky 3D stuff I thought I’d check. Just wanna make sure I watch the best quality version since it’s gonna annoy me anyway 😂

I compared it with some clips and It seems to be the broadcast version.

Off topic: The new Guts dub VA sounds very bad compared to the 1997 one IMO.

I compared it with some clips and It seems to be the broadcast version.

Off topic: The new Guts dub VA sounds very bad compared to the 1997 one IMO.
Thanks for checking. That’s a shame. Not sure I wanna buy it so might just have to put up with it. Was hoping someone was gonna say yes 😂 I was gutted when I heard it wasn’t the same voice actor but I saw some clips and thought he sounded quite good. I’ll see how I find it. I wanna re-watch the 97 series but gonna watch it after coz I don’t think I could go from the beautiful 90’s artwork to the cg animation.

I think it was used in one of the Legend of Galactic Heroes movies, but I couldn't say for certain. Not anime-related, but it was famously used as temp score for the opening scene of the original Star Wars, and that inspiration is all over the final John Williams cue.
Also not anime, but it was used in the final epic fight in Jackie Chan’s The Young Master.

Those are 4 very different shows lol

Wolfs Rain is a classic and the best one there. It's quite Shakespearean in it's own fantasy way. (Theres a point in the show where you get 4 recap episodes in a row and you can skip them)
When I say random I mean it lol

4 recap episodes sounds kind of yikes to be honest. But 2 votes for Wolf's Rain has chosen my next watch thanks guys :)

But 2 votes for Wolf's Rain has chosen my next watch thanks guys :)
Hold up 🤚 There was talk of this possibly being a future simulwatch.

Actually, I just had a look and it was mentioned by one person and I seconded it, but then derailed the conversation by mentioning Planetes and everyone piled on that and then the upcoming Land of the Lustrous was arranged.

So maybe still a possibility, but not just yet.

Hold up 🤚 There was talk of this possibly being a future simulwatch.

Actually, I just had a look and it was mentioned by one person and I seconded it, but then derailed the conversation by mentioning Planetes and everyone piled on that and then the upcoming Land of the Lustrous was arranged.

So maybe still a possibility, but not just yet.
Too late I just saw the first three episodes.

Still if it happens in the future I might be down for a rewatch, it was pretty good. I'll be taking part in the Land of the Lustrous simulwatch though.

Has anyone bought from RightStuf through eBay? - I'm thinking about it to avoid the FedEx import fee and just pay the customs up front.
How is the packaging? - do they use the normal RightStuf packaging, since I once had a package from them be re-packed.
Are you in the UK? If so, they've started collecting tax up front now which avoids the FedEx fees when they arrive since FedEx no longer handles any of that and literally are just sending it on their behalf. If you aren't then ut seems like eBay is probably the best option as eBay should take everything up front avoiding any later fees.

Anyone have any advice on how to funimation for free with the ads? Any known issues/glitches?

I registered for a free account but have not been able to watch any shows at all with all apparently requiring a subscription. Have tried through the app on an Android mobile and a smart TV.

Thanks in advance!

Back