The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

Not really anime related but has anyone ever had this type of error when getting a package delivered from Amazon?View attachment 16743
I had this happen yesterday with something that was going to be delivered directly by Amazon themselves but I brushed it off because I had attempted to cancel the order (as I found it cheaper somewhere else but apparently didn't fully cancel first time), so I just assumed they sent it back to save me having to return it.

I guess I'll try and order it again. My bet would be that it was damaged in the shipping process. But I will send DPD an email and ask the about it. Thank you guys 😄

I guess I'll try and order it again. My bet would be that it was damaged in the shipping process. But I will send DPD an email and ask the about it. Thank you guys 😄
I think I saw a post recently that mentioned DPD UK were sending parcels all over the place (to Completely the wrong country), so maybe it is to do with that.
But sorry can't rememeber where that post was to refer back to.

For sao platinum, perhaps amazon.de is cheaper. Worth checking if you haven't already :)
They replied in 10 minutes 😄

This is what they said. And I'll take a look at Amazon.de for sure. Thank you 😄

"Hi Robin,

I’m sorry now your parcel has been returned back to Amazon.co.uk due to BREXIT with return parcel number 15505653569291*19385. I’m unable to make any changes for you now. I would ask that you please Amazon.co.uk for further information.

Once again I‘m so sorry I can’t help any further.

Kind regards,

Alvin

DPD consumer team"

Anyone with existing pre-orders on Rightstuf from last year that paid via Paypal? If you recall there was an email that was sent out in early January 'If you paid by PayPal, we will be reaching out to you to deal with the collection of payment, as this is going to be a manual process.'

Has anyone heard any follow up from that? I got pre-orders that should have already shipped and still not heard anything further.

I was gonna pick up log horizon as I missed/passed on it in the christmas sales as I had no idea what was in it or how it looked.
I've seen it via Music magpie via ebay which works out at about £53 (with a 15% off coupon code).
So the question is how likely are they to just shove it in a jiffy bag (or even just a plastic mail bag) and call it done (/I get a brand new dented version of log horizon)?
Any one ever recieved items in an actual box from them?

Are MusicMagpie (via ebay) still selling counter fit blu ray anime. I haven't bought from them for a long time after they sent me 2 differnt orders of the same item that were counterfit. sending something back a third time just seem like it was going to get me flagged for stuff.

I have probably answered my own question and will just go with another option slightly more exspensive option.

Are MusicMagpie (via ebay) still selling counter fit blu ray anime.
Over the years of buying a few things from them I’ve never once come across a counterfeit. I just recently received a copy of I’m a Cyborg and that’s Okay on blu ray from them, not an anime set right enough but I’ve bought stuff like the NGE director’s cut DVDs from them and still no issues.

Over the years of buying a few things from them I’ve never once come across a counterfeit. I just recently received a copy of I’m a Cyborg and that’s Okay on blu ray from them, not an anime set right enough but I’ve bought stuff like the NGE director’s cut DVDs from them and still no issues.
Yeah it has been a bit since it happened, but did go on for a while, but I assume it was just a rogue member of staff that I assume by now they have fired and I think it was only via there ebay site.
Just checked my emails and it was back in May 2019 (didn't realize I had been avioding them for that long). And I'm pretty sure there was a few other users that this happend too as well.

i want to order a CD and clear folder from CDJapan, anyone know how these will ship together as i want to avoid getting a creased clear folder, also if i choose to ship via registered airmail/airmail will it come via RM or some other company that'll hold it hostage til i pay them more money?

i want to order a CD and clear folder from CDJapan, anyone know how these will ship together as i want to avoid getting a creased clear folder, also if i choose to ship via registered airmail/airmail will it come via RM or some other company that'll hold it hostage til i pay them more money?
They always send in cardboard boxes of the appropriate size with plenty of packing. It will come RM for registered airmail and parcelforce if you choose EMS. I've never had a damaged item from cdjapan.

They always send in cardboard boxes of the appropriate size with plenty of packing. It will come RM for registered airmail and parcelforce if you choose EMS. I've never had a damaged item from cdjapan.
guess i'll stick to registered airmail, i don't think the items had EMS available but i'd avoid it either way

Individual jiffy bags for regular sized volumes. They'll use cardboard packaging for larger books. They also tend to send each item in an order individually.
aside from amazon are there any others? i mainly use booksetc but it went oos there and hasn't been back in stock and their CS has no idea when it'll come back instock, i've tried asking a couple of book sellers on ebay and only one responded that with them it'd be a 50/50 chance of jiffy bag or cardboard

Back