The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

aside from amazon are there any others? i mainly use booksetc but it went oos there and hasn't been back in stock and their CS has no idea when it'll come back instock, i've tried asking a couple of book sellers on ebay and only one responded that with them it'd be a 50/50 chance of jiffy bag or cardboard
What manga are you looking for that is out of stock? I sometimes buy manga from Blackwells,

aside from amazon are there any others? i mainly use booksetc but it went oos there and hasn't been back in stock and their CS has no idea when it'll come back instock, i've tried asking a couple of book sellers on ebay and only one responded that with them it'd be a 50/50 chance of jiffy bag or cardboard
What manga are you looking for that is out of stock? I sometimes buy manga from Blackwells,
also try wordery and speedyhen

umaru Vol 11, i've heard blackwells also send in jiffy bags tho
Think I've only ever had books come in some form of cardboard container from Wordery, but that volume is OOS there as well.
Seems to be the case with a lot of manga during the current situation. I think none are printed here in the UK and thus need shipping in and currently not many are being sent.
Of course shipping and getting damaged isn't a concern when you go digital 😉
*Affiliate link

For the record I've ordered from book depository a lot over the last few years and never had anything arrive damaged even if they do use jiffy bags.

I have a few questions/ (maybe just confirmation that this is the case).

What is the differnce between the 2 version of flying witch US imports? One has a green border and the other has a darker scene? Is it just a differnt cover image and basically an idential reprint?

Have we had any announcements on "Kakuriyo: Bed & Breakfast Sprits" for the UK or even are we expecting any, I've seen the US and Australia have blu ray releases already. I think Australia was the end of last year (So I'm guessing it could be a bit longer to wait).

And lastly in regards to US Funimation digital codes, I take it they do work just requires VPN, I was planning on getting round to using a few I have.
I'm assuming the best methord is VPN to create a new/ seprate Funimation account based in the US (Or does everyone just use there UK one and VPN out to get the the US content that they've purchased and if it is this methord does it cause any problems?)
And VPN to watch any US based downloads.

And lastly in regards to US Funimation digital codes, I take it they do work just requires VPN, I was planning on getting round to using a few I have.
I'm assuming the best methord is VPN to create a new/ seprate Funimation account based in the US (Or does everyone just use there UK one and VPN out to get the the US content that they've purchased and if it is this methord does it cause any problems?)
And VPN to watch any US based downloads.
Can confirm that UK FUNi account is usable on US site via VPN, digital codes should work via VPN also iirc. For best VPN, I couldn't give you anything other than a recommendation based on one I personally use which is ExpressVPN, I used to use Nord in the past but had endless problems and they don't come too highly recommended anymore.

Also, Express works for Netflix, Crunchyroll and HiDive too, all with UK accounts so no extra subs needed, just the Express sub.

I have a few questions/ (maybe just confirmation that this is the case).

What is the differnce between the 2 version of flying witch US imports? One has a green border and the other has a darker scene? Is it just a differnt cover image and basically an idential reprint?

Have we had any announcements on "Kakuriyo: Bed & Breakfast Sprits" for the UK or even are we expecting any, I've seen the US and Australia have blu ray releases already. I think Australia was the end of last year (So I'm guessing it could be a bit longer to wait).
The 2021 re-release of Flying Witch will be a new author. Sentai likes to redo the discs to improve the encode or any quality control issues that were in the original releases. For instance the re-releases for titles like CLANNAD, Elfen Lied, Higurashi, Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere and K-On! (plus Kids on the Slope) fixes different issues from their original release for the better. In other words, its better to go for the re-release as much as possible on Sentai titles.

As for the Gonzo show Kakuriyo: Bed & Breakfast Spirits, no one has any plans to release the series for the UK.

has this been used anywhere in anime before? i feel like it was in either FMP or one of the Gundam series i'd guess before the ED played
I think it was used in one of the Legend of Galactic Heroes movies, but I couldn't say for certain. Not anime-related, but it was famously used as temp score for the opening scene of the original Star Wars, and that inspiration is all over the final John Williams cue.

I think it was used in one of the Legend of Galactic Heroes movies, but I couldn't say for certain. Not anime-related, but it was famously used as temp score for the opening scene of the original Star Wars, and that inspiration is all over the final John Williams cue.
I was going to say this sounds a lot like the Star Wars soundtrack!

I had the full album of Host: The Planets in my LP collection years before Star Wars came out - it was always one of my favorite Classical pieces. I never considered that Mars the Bringer of War sounded a lot like the Star Wars theme until you guys brought it up here, though. Interesting!

I had the full album of Host: The Planets in my LP collection years before Star Wars came out - it was always one of my favorite Classical pieces. I never considered that Mars the Bringer of War sounded a lot like the Star Wars theme until you guys brought it up here, though. Interesting!
It's the opening scene with the blockade runner and the star destroyer specifically. There's an album called John Williams Conducts Music From Star Wars that includes a complete performance of Holst's Planets suite conducted by Williams. You can hear the influences clearly in that.

Anyone who's interested in a deep dive into the music of Star Wars should look up an excellent podcast called Star Wars Oxygen from Rebel Force Radio.

I was going to say this sounds a lot like the Star Wars soundtrack!
It's the opening scene with the blockade runner and the star destroyer specifically. There's an album called John Williams Conducts Music From Star Wars that includes a complete performance of Holst's Planets suite conducted by Williams. You can hear the influences clearly in that.

Anyone who's interested in a deep dive into the music of Star Wars should look up an excellent podcast called Star Wars Oxygen from Rebel Force Radio.

i've never seen LoGH and i think i saw maybe 1 or 2 of the star wars movies and don't really remember anything from them music apart from the aliens in the bar because i've seen it referenced a lot so i don't think it's those but thanks for the response

Does anyone know if Discotek's US blu-ray for the Goshogun: The Time Etranger movie has the English dub that was on the Manga Video VHS in the 90s (ie. the one where Remy has a French accent)? There are at least two English dubs for that movie, since the old US Manga Corps DVD had a different one.

Does anyone know if Discotek's US blu-ray for the Goshogun: The Time Etranger movie has the English dub that was on the Manga Video VHS in the 90s (ie. the one where Remy has a French accent)? There are at least two English dubs for that movie, since the old US Manga Corps DVD had a different one.

TBH I don't know but god that is such a good movie I have one of the old CPM DVD releases (can't remember if under their US Manga Corps imprint or not but it probably was) and I love it. I'm hoping to import that Blu-ray at some point :) While I'm here can I ask anyone who might know: Does the Marmalade Boy SD-BD look really crummy or were people just being overly picky with picture quality and not understanding that it's an SD on BD release? I wanna own a physical copy and the SD-BD would be more convenient for not switching discs as much :)

Discotek's official Facebook page references both English dubs which I presume are the Manga UK and Central Park Media (US Manga Corps) dubs.

Discotek's official Facebook page references both English dubs which I presume are the Manga UK and Central Park Media (US Manga Corps) dubs.
Thanks. I remember some mention of it having two, but wasn't sure if there might have been more than that. Wording it as 'both' sounds like that's all the dubs that exist for it.

It's such a weird movie. Hard to believe it's the sequel to a super-robot show.

Thanks. I remember some mention of it having two, but wasn't sure if there might have been more than that. Wording it as 'both' sounds like that's all the dubs that exist for it.

It's such a weird movie. Hard to believe it's the sequel to a super-robot show.
If it helps, Discotek generally tries to find virtually every major dub that exists for their titles, and even the interesting stuff like the long lost international dub for A Thousand and One Nights, the Harmony Gold dub for Galaxy Express 999 or their long journey of trying to secure every dubbed episode for Ninja Robot Tobikage.

Back