The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

Highschool of the Dead: Drifters of the Dead Edition
English Audio missing for the OVA

(due to the fact that Manga rushed the release out and Sentai dubbed it a few months later)

Cheeky question - Does anyone know if you have a trial of Amazon Prime if you still get free delivery on things you pre-order during the trial period, even if you cancel it after?

Cheeky question - Does anyone know if you have a trial of Amazon Prime if you still get free delivery on things you pre-order during the trial period, even if you cancel it after?
Anytime I've cancelled my prime it's came up with a warning along the lines of "These orders will be affected" so I assume not. That said I've never actually had open orders when cancelling so the list that it brings up has always been empty so I can't say for certain.

Does anyone know if Cat Planet Cuties has any nudity? I don’t watch anime with nudity wasnt sure if this is safe.
it's a huge fanservice series, I dare say it exists for it, so as someone who watched it (but isn't bothered about nudity) it's a definite yes, I'm pretty sure the girl's race is introduced while they are in a sauna on their own ship

I'd say skip it anyway though, half the comedic stuff is someone losing clothes

Does anyone have any insight into how Mandarake calculate shipping, or how it's best to order? I know a few members already buy from there - I only just created an account and it's like a treasure trove, but the shipping is quoting like, double the cost of the items I'm buying and they're not even particularly heavy. Is it better to make one large order? Multiple small ones? Buy a plane ticket to Japan and just pick your order up yourself?

Does anyone have any insight into how Mandarake calculate shipping, or how it's best to order?

Each shop varies but my last orders were

Umeda
SAL Small Packet
Sub total: 7,500 yen
Shipping Fee: 1,190 yen

Nakano
SAL Small Packet
Sub total: 5,500 yen
Shipping Fee: 1,190 yen

Utsunomiya
SAL Postal Parcel
Sub total: 65,000 yen
Shipping Fee: 5,000 yen

What seem standard SAL Tracked rates

Important thing is to order items from one shop for each order as they dont combine shipping between shops

Okay, something is really screwy here then because I was trying to order like half a dozen doujinshi and a lightweight book for 2000 yen from the same store and the cheapest postage option is 3300 yen. I'll look into it.

SAL small packet only goes to 2kg. If you're over that there is only parcel. That's a good bit more expensive.
Perfect. That's probably it. Would be nice if they listed the weights of items in the cart/checkout but I guess I'll go check the weights of everything and keep that in mind in future. Thanks.

Edit: While the weight was only 1700g, I guess the packaging would have taken it over 2kg. Sure enough I removed one item and shipping dropped to 1900 yen.

Oh for crying out loud, now they won't accept debit cards at the checkout? Will they even know the difference if I have a Visa debit?

Edit 2: Sod it, I've applied for a new credit card. I didn't think I'd be able to get one given that my credit rating is so far through the floor it might as well be in Japan, but hey, it'll help me rebuild it I guess.

Last edited:
Oh for crying out loud, now they won't accept debit cards at the checkout? Will they even know the difference if I have a Visa debit.
Do you not have PayPal? I’ve only used PayPal on Mandarake. Sites can seem to tell the difference between cards through the long number. I’ve seen it as I’ve typed in my card number and the signs for the different cards the site takes grey out.

Solved
This is bugging me a lot now, perhaps somebody knows:
vlcsnap-2019-10-16-00h01m31s182.jpg

What show is this from? (At 2:00 of the video)
Solved mystery: The falling girl was Psychic School War's, cheers to Faust for finding that one out.
What show is this at 2:04 with the falling girl?
vlcsnap-2019-10-15-23h00m14s848.jpg

I think this may be the same girl as well:
vlcsnap-2019-10-15-23h11m00s575.jpg
List of shows the amv uses: (italic are which I have watched and probably aren't likely it?)
EVA
电光超人古力特 Gridman
卡罗尔与星期二 Carole and Tuesday
东京残响 - Terror in Resonance
声之形 Koe no Katachi
烟花 Fireworks
境界的彼方Beyound the Boundary
龙与虎 Tora dora

国家队 Darling in the franxx
心灵想要大声呼喊 Anthem of the Heart
中二病也要谈恋爱 Chuunibyou demo Koi ga shitai
直到梦醒之时 yume ga sameru made CM/PV
穿越时空的少女 Girl who leapt though time

我想吃掉你的胰脏 I want to eat your pancreas
你的名字 your name
天气之子 Weathering with you
伤物语 Kizumonogatari
命运石之门 Steins gate

来自多彩世界的明天 Iroduku World of Colours
被狙击的学院 Psychic School Wars
化物语 Bakemonogatari
颠倒的帕特玛 Patema Inverted

不吉波普不笑 Boogiepop
cry star
四月是你的谎言 Your Lie in April
shelter

girl
混沌武士 Samurai Champloo
神的记事本 Kamisama no Memochou
皿三味 Sarazanmai

辉夜大小姐想让人告白 Kaguya-sama love is war
羁绊者 Kiznaiver
噬魂师 Soul Eater
紫罗兰永恒花园 Violet Evergarden

Last edited:
Does somebody have both the Code Geass Funimation LE as well as the AL Movie Part 1 and could tell me, if they have the same height?
(i.e. would like to know if it would fit into the storage box that would come with the third movie and if I could frankenstein my Funi LE + steelbook into it.)

Does somebody have both the Code Geass Funimation LE as well as the AL Movie Part 1 and could tell me, if they have the same height?
(i.e. would like to know if it would fit into the storage box that would come with the third movie and if I could frankenstein my Funi LE + steelbook into it.)
I'd say my Funi LE is a couple of mm taller, kinda hard to tell as I had to reglue the top of my Funi LE and both my sets are a little squint (well, the Funi LE is more than a little squint tbh). How much of an issue that would be for getting them in the box, I dunno.

UERwCNcl.jpg

Back