The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

Anyone know a good place to buy the ghibli movies? going to start buying them for my niece and nephew who are 4 and 8 since they're getting into anime but they're a lot more expensive than i remember :<

Ah yeah I can't seem to find anything at HMV, Im guessing they stopped online sales, I never really kept up to date with the HMV situation though the one I live near in London did close down so guess that's out of the question. Zavvi seems to have a few titles at 13 quid and under, maybe I will just get ponyo and arrietty to start for them since they're like 8-9 each

how easy is it generally to get the audio CDs included with Japanese BD releases separately? i want the character songs for Asobi Asobase but i can't seem to find any single releases only the ones included with the BD

I'd say pretty hard, unless you know somebody over there.
People splitting up releases is rare enough (take me already being weird by splitting Blu-ray/DVD combos) and in that case you'd somehow get access to Japanese second hand market, that's not simply amazon.co.jp marketplace, but something like yahoo auctions. Ordering via forwarding services may make it more expensive than just getting the BD alongside it.

Does anybody have a good tip about removing those Funi Digital stickers (among other stickers) from slipcovers?
I've read that oil or the oil from fire lighters are good against stickers in general, but at least with oil I'm pretty sure I'll just get the slipcovers become all fatty, too... =X

I think I've asked this before, but;
something for those who have massive cabinets in the "whole anime collection"
anyone know a good price on good cabinet/shelves? I'm balancing my collection on top of each other... not ideal

I have my eye on this one at the moment, £100 budget might be good

I think I've asked this before, but;
something for those who have massive cabinets in the "whole anime collection"
anyone know a good price on good cabinet/shelves? I'm balancing my collection on top of each other... not ideal

I have my eye on this one at the moment, £100 budget might be good

Argos has a good variety of shapes and sizes which are good for the price Bookcases & Shelving Units | Argos

Overlord any good? - Is there anything I can compare it to? - just to get a feel of the show's setting.

I've seen seasons 1 and 2 really enjoyed it. The main character and the situation he finds himself in works really well in how they juxtapose what he thinks with how he has to behave.

Essentially every 4 episodes is one of the light novels so the pace is pretty constant and doesn't drag tho at times (particularly in s2) it feels like characters get randomly dropped because they've moved to a new book.

Overall its gd and worth a watch

I’ve had overlord feel like a bit of a chore tbh.
Yup, I’m one of the guys only intrested in the nazerick, you give the viewers overpowered characters that so far curbstomp the rest of the world every other character in the series is boring next to that, but the support characters - that is the regular characters of the world, still have their own arcs.
The worst by far is the lizard man arc, all you learn about them is that they form warring clans, beyond that they are pretty non - descript beyond what you think of lizardmen already, the whole thing felt pointless and the main characters gain nothing from interacting with them, all human characters so far have given them good information or in some way work to make more stuff for the nazerick

I feel it starts out pretty good but gets increasingly boring and pointless with each season. There isn't much to say about production either aside from the hilariously bad CG. At least the OPs and EDs are absolute bangers

Is Crunchyroll playing up for anyone. I'm still on my catch up and keep running into a problem with videos not playing seems mainly if press "next episode", but One Punch Man ep 7 won't play at all (I even tried using the browser version to no avail). Although Hitoribocchi was fine even with using "next episode"!
Right where's me 'at!

Back