The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

Another question.

After the recent great tip of using makemkv to play BD's in VLC and it working like a charm for several BDs, I'm trying to play Sentai's "Problem children are coming from another world, aren't they?".
But VLC would only show me a black screen. The disc is definitely working though since Leawo can play the disc.
Is it normal that some discs just don't play, or am I missing out on some configuation?

Is it normal that some discs just don't play, or am I missing out on some configuation?
Most discs should play fine using this method, as long as MakeMKV can "open" the disc. However, it won't remove any region locking, so that might be amiss here. According to the "US Region [B|2]" thread the Sentai disc in question is actually region A (and not just Geo-locked).

You should be able to configure the Blu-ray region in VLC under preferences, selecting all settings and then under "Input / Codecs" => "Access modules" => "Blu-ray".

Oh, that was it! It was set onto B.
I had been playing a bunch of US BDs until now (Nagi no Asukara and several Sentai BDs), turns out they were all wither compatible or geoblocked, despite the packaging's A, so I just assumed it to be the same.

Another question.
But VLC would only show me a black screen. The disc is definitely working though since Leawo can play the disc.

The only show that I've seen from Sentai with the same problem is my US. XAM'D collection 2.

Hello all, I'm really bad at finding info out could anyone help a lass out please? :)

Any word on if anyone will license I Want To Eat Your Pancreas?
Any word on if anyone will license Miss Modern? - also word on film 2?
What's a light novel in comparison to other manga? - is there any manga that's just all written word like a normie book?
What streaming platforms was it that have Citrus please? I have Netflix and Prime at my disposable and fear it's neither lol.

Muchos love and hope y'all having a happy Friday :)

What's a light novel in comparison to other manga? - is there any manga that's just all written word like a normie book?
You, sort of, answered your own question. Light Novel is written word with some illustrations. Manga is a Japanese comic.
What streaming platforms was it that have Citrus please? I have Netflix and Prime at my disposable and fear it's neither lol.
Crunchyroll. I have a code if you want.
Any word on if anyone will license I Want To Eat Your Pancreas?
That's what I want to know. It was at SLA, so I thought Anime Limited would announce it, but nothing yet. Seems a bit late for a cinema release now, so might be physical only at some point.

You, sort of, answered your own question. Light Novel is written word with some illustrations. Manga is a Japanese comic.

Crunchyroll. I have a code if you want.

That's what I want to know. It was at SLA, so I thought Anime Limited would announce it, but nothing yet. Seems a bit late for a cinema release now, so might be physical only at some point.

Ooooh yay me for almost answering my own question! I'm going to purchase the I Want To Eat Your Pancreas light novel then :) tried to get into Manga but it doesn't stick, will see if this way aids that :)

When I know I can fit in watching it, I will most definitely enquire for the free pass code please, that's very nice of you :)

Yeah I saw it at the Edinburgh SLA and LOVED it and welled up at it so I'm not dying to own it as well as know who's getting bagged for the dub :)

Is the UK version of Code Geass - Season 1 any good? - it says it's got 2 discs, but the US version got 4 discs.
I remember wondering about that at the time - Can't find any direct comparisons now but iirc the general consensus was that there was no discernible difference in picture quality whatsoever. Which either means Kaze were very clever with their encoding or Funi were very crap. I know which one my money would be on, but yeah, Kaze's release is perfectly serviceable. It is an upscale after all.

May be a bit off-topic, but I got a question regarding eBay. Don't know if this should be posted in the general conversation area.
I want to buy an item from the UK eBay, but the seller hasn't listed the item as to be shipped abroad. It just says may not post to Denmark.
I've also contacted the seller, but haven't gotten an answer. Is it safe to purchase the item, write in the message that it should be shipped to Denmark? What's the worst that can happen? - the seller just canceling the order?

Pretty much. If the shipper can't sell it, he'll just have to refund you and relist it. It may be worth just waiting to see if he messages you back though to save the hassle.

Back