The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

IncendiaryLemon said:
Is the Kaze release of NIsekoi bad enough to justify an import? If so, which would be the best option?

I hear Part 1 is decent. Two of the episodes have slightly off subtitles but other than that it's not terrible. 10 episodes on one disc I can forgive in a way.

I would wait until Part 2 is out before going after them, just in case the second half is worse.

Does anybody know if Kaze force subtitles or burn them in? Because if they're forced you could rip it to a PC and re-sync them yourself. (And I think there are some fancy blu-ray players that might let you do it within.)

Buzz201 said:
Does anybody know if Kaze force subtitles or burn them in? Because if they're forced you could rip it to a PC and re-sync them yourself. (And I think there are some fancy blu-ray players that might let you do it within.)
All of their titles that I've had the displeasure of dealing with have had forced subtitles.

I'd prefer not to but if the alternative is going to be a lot more expensive and the issues aren't that big then rather just stick to the cheaper option. If I were to import an Australian copy it would probably cost me a hell of a lot more.

Speaking of supporting Kaze, has anyone picked up the Mardock Scramble re-release?

Just wondering what exactly it was, I'm assuming it's the previous 3 releases taped together or something?

NoSurprises said:
Speaking of supporting Kaze, has anyone picked up the Mardock Scramble re-release?

Just wondering what exactly it was, I'm assuming it's the previous 3 releases taped together or something?

I had a look while in HMV on Friday, it's just the 3 individual releases in a card slip box. Spine text is still the wrong way round even on the slip box.

Dannielle said:
Hey guys! Quick question, how are the Viz Media Ranma 1/2 sets? They worth picking up or do they have issues like the SM releases?

I have not noticed any problems with them, and have not seen any complaints about them. I am wondering if they are going to do the films and OVAs.

Anyone happen to know where I might be able to snag a US (English) copy of Gundam Unicorn volume 7?

(Other than hawking eBay; there's one copy listed, but it comes out around £70 after P&P).

(I realize that the English/JP discs are the same, but I'm a sucker for uniform boxes).

The news of a "deadline" for AL Q1 listings led me to check anime listings on other amazon locales (specifically .com and .ca).

I'm not up to date with international release announcements to know if anything new is in there but there seemed to be more on .ca than .com. One I can't recall on .com was a death note BR...?

.CA link is http://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=sr_st_da...=1446509668&bbn=128060011&sort=date-desc-rank

Anyone care to comment on if anything there is actually new... or am I barking up the wrong tree?

NoSurprises said:
Anyone happen to know where I might be able to snag a US (English) copy of Gundam Unicorn volume 7?

(Other than hawking eBay; there's one copy listed, but it comes out around £70 after P&P).

(I realize that the English/JP discs are the same, but I'm a sucker for uniform boxes).

JP Books in London sell them for about £25 each if you're near there.

msgeek said:
The news of a "deadline" for AL Q1 listings led me to check anime listings on other amazon locales (specifically .com and .ca).

I'm not up to date with international release announcements to know if anything new is in there but there seemed to be more on .ca than .com. One I can't recall on .com was a death note BR...?

.CA link is http://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=sr_st_da...=1446509668&bbn=128060011&sort=date-desc-rank

Anyone care to comment on if anything there is actually new... or am I barking up the wrong tree?

I can't comment on data differences, but it used to be the price would be a lot cheaper (or at least drop a lot quicker) on Amazon CA than Amazon US. I don't think it's as lopsided as it used to be, but maybe it's worth a look in future.

Yeah I think that's still the case, I rememeber checking out some items and the prices were actually lower in CAD than they were in USD, even though the currency is worth less.

price wise .CA can be pretty good and the super fast shipping option is like a dollar more than the middle option so if you want something really fast .ca is a good choice. Downside is you can't pre-pay customs so if it is over the threshold expect to get a txt from DHL asking you to go to a website to pay duty. There is a fee on top of it but it is fast to get it through DHL (similar process to .jp).

Back