The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

Just Passing Through said:
Has anyone tried getting Amazon to match prices? I tried their chat to get them to match UP1 on The Eccentric Family, but they say no.

I don't think Amazon formally price match in the UK. They will informally match most supermarkets, but it's not guaranteed and they won't price match Zavvi or anybody else.

Buzz201 said:
Just Passing Through said:
Has anyone tried getting Amazon to match prices? I tried their chat to get them to match UP1 on The Eccentric Family, but they say no.

I don't think Amazon formally price match in the UK. They will informally match most supermarkets, but it's not guaranteed and they won't price match Zavvi or anybody else.

They seem to do what ever the hell they want these days, not enough competition out there to force them to act.

Dannielle said:
Question that may have been asked before, is there any known reason as to why Hyouka hasn't been licensed outside of Japan?

I have no clue. Perhaps it's due to the original novel and the licensing issues surrounding it (if there is any)? And let's not forget that Kadokawa is involved as well as KyoAni so there's probably reverse importation issues in a similar matter to Kara no Kyoukai.

I'm curious...

NormanicGrav said:
Dannielle said:
Question that may have been asked before, is there any known reason as to why Hyouka hasn't been licensed outside of Japan?

I have no clue. Perhaps it's due to the original novel and the licensing issues surrounding it (if there is any)? And let's not forget that Kadokawa is involved as well as KyoAni so there's probably reverse importation issues in a similar matter to Kara no Kyoukai.

I'm curious...

Hmm, it's all so odd. I think you might be right about reverse importation being a good reason. Hyouka is a show people have been pestering licensers for, if someone could get the license, they would.

I really really really want to watch the show & keep holding out for a out of the blue announcement but its been years now :|

The show looks so beautiful and the main pair seem like they'd be interesting to watch (this scene in particular)..

(Cheers for the response)

Last edited by a moderator:
IncendiaryLemon said:
Not sure about ANN but if you're interested in the Monogatari watch order then the Reddit Watch Order wiki has the same info

https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/wiki/wat ... monogatari

Thank you both. Coming new to some of these shows is a confusion. :D

Doesn't seems to cover the Nekomonogatari White & Black though, what way round are they?

By the way I have also noticed the BBFC ratings for the various shows in the series vary around a lot?

robot monkey said:
IncendiaryLemon said:
Not sure about ANN but if you're interested in the Monogatari watch order then the Reddit Watch Order wiki has the same info

It will be even more confusing when you decide to buy the sets (because Second Season is split into multiple sets for each arc). I've got that particular order up on the Aniplex thread (see current licenses).

robot monkey said:
IncendiaryLemon said:

Doesn't seems to cover the Nekomonogatari White & Black though, what way round are they?

By the way I have also noticed the BBFC ratings for the various shows in the series vary around a lot?

Black is first (Also known as Kuro, which is Japanese for Black) then White (Also known as Shiro).

robot monkey said:
My link does :p
[...]
Nekomonogatari:Kuro: 4 episodes long (ONA*), 1 arc. [1st season]
  • Tsubasa Family
Monogatari Series Second Season: 23 episodes long, 5 arcs. [2nd season]
  • Nekomonogatari:Shiro: Tsubasa Tiger
  • Kabukimonogatari: Mayoi Jiangshi
  • Otorimonogatari: Nadeko Medusa
  • Onimonogatari: Shinobu Time
  • Koimonogatari: Hitagi End
[...]

Can anybody explain why anime companies are incapable of using normal fonts for their subtitles? If it's not Sentai with their bloody yellow subs, it's FUNi's with their alarmingly small font or Hanabee with their ridiculously thick shadowing. All the major studios seem to use the same font for their subtitles, so why can't anime companies? I'm assuming there must be some kind of logic behind this I'm missing, so I was wondering if somebody could enlighten me...

Does anyone who ordered from the Madman Sale still have their order under Allocated? It's been over a week since I put my order in and it still has yet to be marked as dispatched. Specifically anyone who ordered K-On Season 2 Part 2 w/Art box.

Back