The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

Re: The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a threa

Yeah I did think I would need a converter of some sort but as you say, they ain't expensive.

I'd probably buy direct from Amazon anyway so that's not an issue, as I say even if it ends up costing about 60 or even 80quid, it's still cheaper than a region free player would be.

Since there's a discussion on it, just thought I'd mention how I go about it.

For region B stuff I use my PS3. But I also have my PC hooked up to the same TV, I bought an external blu-ray drive and set it to region A during setup (blu-ray software came with the drive). Drive still works as normal for everything else I use it for, so seemed like the easiest route for me.

DragonBlaze67 said:
If you buy a blu-ray player direct from USA you'll need a step down USA to UK voltage converter which will cost you around £5-10.
That's not necessarily the case at all - Modern DVD & Blu-ray players which can't cope with 240v are pretty rare to my knowledge. Can anybody actually hear me?

Last edited by a moderator:

I hear ya, and what you say makes perfect sense when these things are being produced on mass, but with so many expensive things plugged into my TV/extension tower, just rather be safe than sorry.

Does anyone know if Mazinkaiser SKL can be watch standalone, without ever seeing the '01/'02 Mazinkaiser series?

I watched it without having watched the series. Couldn't really get into it though. Don't know if watching the series would change that.

All the S.A.V.E blu-rays I have bought have had reversible covers. Although I don't have those specific ones (I managed to pick up the tsubasa collected memories for about $80 a couple of years back).

msgeek said:
I watched it without having watched the series. Couldn't really get into it though. Don't know if watching the series would change that.

Was that because you just didn't like it or because you couldn't get the plot due to not having seen the series?

@Dannielle Try looking for some unboxings or something on YouTube. They might mention if they has or not.

There wasn't as I recall anything that I didn't get. It did just jump in there with a lot of action from the start so I guess there wasn't much in the way of character development. I guess I'd say I lean more towards saying I didn't think much of it despite the genre being something I am typically quite into. Think the soundtrack was pretty cool though. Maybe seeing the series would change my opinion - I don't know... I think it could if every second reference suddenly made more sense given what is in the series.

Dannielle said:

I had a similar question last year and all of the ones with reversible covers (As of July 2014) were listed here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18642 and the Tsubasa blu-rays were confirmed to have reversible covers :)

Those who have watched Gintama, I am told that episodes 58-62 are the same story that's seen in Gintama The Movie and that the movie is just a retelling of said episodes. I plan on watching both anyway, but which is the best way to experience the arc the first time, the movie or the show? I'm told that the arc is a show highlight so I want to watch the most superior version of it first.

DragonBlaze67 said:
Dannielle said:

I had a similar question last year and all of the ones with reversible covers (As of July 2014) were listed here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18642 and the Tsubasa blu-rays were confirmed to have reversible covers :)

Thank you :3

If anyone's still after a blu-ray player just for Region A blu-rays i'd recommend the Phillips BDP3000 which is a region B player that can be locked to region A through a software update, you can also make it region free for DVDs by inputting a code on the remote. I bought mine on ebay for £30, just had a look and there's a couple on ebay for £28.49, £49.99 & £53.75. If anyone gets one and needs the instructions to lock it to Region A let me know and i'll send it over to you :)

hmm tempting to get a region A player... I guess the concern isn't the price of the player itself, but the fact that the player is an inevitable gateway to spending huge amounts on region A BD's...

Does anyone on here own the K-On Season 2 Part 2 Collectors Edition from Madman or know where I can find an unboxing of some kind? The website offers no detail on what it includes or anything. I'm mainly interested if the box can house both individual parts, similar to the Kill la Kill Part 3 box that comes out next month.

Hi

I guess this has been asked before, but wanted to ask, does anyone know how much
Dubbed anime is on crunchyroll ?

I only like watching dubbed so thought i f there isn't much might try another place

Many thanks
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Crunchyroll is generally more for shows that are currently broadcasting, so most of it is subbed I believe. You can see for yourself, they don't charge for viewing the shows in Standard Def with ads, so you can just look around and see or take a Crunchyroll Guest Pass from this thread to see if you might be interested in a paid membership.

Back