The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

I guess this is the right place to ask this

Was Arriety (Ghibli film) based on the first Book "The Borrowers" or was it based on a number of events over the (6?) books series?

ActionFaust

Dandy Guy, in Space
Has anybody come across this problem with importing from rightstuf before? When I ordered something from their site they sent an email the next day asking for identification and credit card details. This seems suspicious to me so I was wondering if this was legit and whether it's safe.

If that is the
Has anybody come across this problem with importing from rightstuf before? When I ordered something from their site they sent an email the next day asking for identification and credit card details. This seems suspicious to me so I was wondering if this was legit and whether it's safe.
never ordered from them but I’m fairly certain stuff like this has happened with them before.

If there is any doubt the email was from Rightstuf then there is always the option to email customer service directly... Their customer service form is found under "contact us" or you can submit a new case from your profile

Say you have order ###### and got an email asking for ID / CC Details and would just like to confirm the email was from them before sending any private information off

If there is any doubt the email was from Rightstuf then there is always the option to email customer service directly... Their customer service form is found under "contact us" or you can submit a new case from your profile

Say you have order ###### and got an email asking for ID / CC Details and would just like to confirm the email was from them before sending any private information off
This seems like a good idea.

Anyone else having issues with Crunchyroll over the past few weeks?

1080p no longer plays seamlessly for me, get frequent buffering. Some episodes just flat out refuse to start. Using firefox for their PC player.

Nothing different on my end, stuff like hidive/youtube/amazon support seamless 1080p playback still just fine.

Anyone else having issues with Crunchyroll over the past few weeks?

1080p no longer plays seamlessly for me, get frequent buffering. Some episodes just flat out refuse to start. Using firefox for their PC player.

Nothing different on my end, stuff like hidive/youtube/amazon support seamless 1080p playback still just fine.
Been having a lot of issues with the PS4 app recently, pretty much every episode sits on a black screen with --/-- --/-- or something like that in the corner where the timer should be, usually takes between 20-30 seconds for the episode to actually start and usually in very low quality too. When I do get it working right I've also had it drop from 1080p a few times throughout the episodes, it's driving me mental tbh.

Been having a lot of issues with the PS4 app recently, pretty much every episode sits on a black screen with --/-- --/-- or something like that in the corner where the timer should be, usually takes between 20-30 seconds for the episode to actually start and usually in very low quality too. When I do get it working right I've also had it drop from 1080p a few times throughout the episodes, it's driving me mental tbh.
Glad I'm not the only one suffering, misery loves company after all.

Got the following back from a rep:

'We are having a high volume of tickets. :(

Sincere apologies for the issues you're seeing, and thanks so much for your patience working on this.

We just finished to fit the video player update with the upcoming AWS Crunchyroll Migration,so we’re now starting the rollout for this HTML5 player sooner than was expected. :)

Any issue will be fixed very soon.'

I'd unsub in protest, but it seems a little pointless since I still have 7 months left on my yearly sub...

Same here, it's very frustrating.

Sincere apologies for the issues you're seeing, and thanks so much for your patience working on this.

We just finished to fit the video player update with the upcoming AWS Crunchyroll Migration,so we’re now starting the rollout for this HTML5 player sooner than was expected. :)

I'd unsub in protest, but it seems a little pointless since I still have 7 months left on my yearly sub...
I hope this fixes these issues, as well as the delays in episodes being available to watch weekly.

Funny they've never thought to tell anyone what they'd be doing. It's totally frustrating to start an episode that runs for 30 seconds and has you wait 5 minutes to start again. I told them of this issue before and got the boiler plate response for different settings and browsers