The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

Anyone else having issues with Crunchyroll over the past few weeks?

1080p no longer plays seamlessly for me, get frequent buffering. Some episodes just flat out refuse to start. Using firefox for their PC player.

Nothing different on my end, stuff like hidive/youtube/amazon support seamless 1080p playback still just fine.

Anyone else having issues with Crunchyroll over the past few weeks?

1080p no longer plays seamlessly for me, get frequent buffering. Some episodes just flat out refuse to start. Using firefox for their PC player.

Nothing different on my end, stuff like hidive/youtube/amazon support seamless 1080p playback still just fine.
Been having a lot of issues with the PS4 app recently, pretty much every episode sits on a black screen with --/-- --/-- or something like that in the corner where the timer should be, usually takes between 20-30 seconds for the episode to actually start and usually in very low quality too. When I do get it working right I've also had it drop from 1080p a few times throughout the episodes, it's driving me mental tbh.

Been having a lot of issues with the PS4 app recently, pretty much every episode sits on a black screen with --/-- --/-- or something like that in the corner where the timer should be, usually takes between 20-30 seconds for the episode to actually start and usually in very low quality too. When I do get it working right I've also had it drop from 1080p a few times throughout the episodes, it's driving me mental tbh.
Glad I'm not the only one suffering, misery loves company after all.

Got the following back from a rep:

'We are having a high volume of tickets. :(

Sincere apologies for the issues you're seeing, and thanks so much for your patience working on this.

We just finished to fit the video player update with the upcoming AWS Crunchyroll Migration,so we’re now starting the rollout for this HTML5 player sooner than was expected. :)

Any issue will be fixed very soon.'

I'd unsub in protest, but it seems a little pointless since I still have 7 months left on my yearly sub...

Same here, it's very frustrating.

Sincere apologies for the issues you're seeing, and thanks so much for your patience working on this.

We just finished to fit the video player update with the upcoming AWS Crunchyroll Migration,so we’re now starting the rollout for this HTML5 player sooner than was expected. :)

I'd unsub in protest, but it seems a little pointless since I still have 7 months left on my yearly sub...
I hope this fixes these issues, as well as the delays in episodes being available to watch weekly.

Funny they've never thought to tell anyone what they'd be doing. It's totally frustrating to start an episode that runs for 30 seconds and has you wait 5 minutes to start again. I told them of this issue before and got the boiler plate response for different settings and browsers

Space Dandy, worth a watch please?

Pondering throwing dolla at the Anime Limited stall at Manc MCM.
Yes. It's well worth a watch. Give it the good old 3-5 episode rule to make sure its comedy suits your taste, oh and check out both sub and dub, as both are great.

Maybe I will try and Netflix first then. My friend has said they'll hook me up with their account at some point.

Used to share my exes but obviously he booted me from it and when I only had the last ep of some series to watch too. He had mad subconsciously brutal timing for that lol.

Maybe I will try and Netflix first then. My friend has said they'll hook me up with their account at some point.

Used to share my exes but obviously he booted me from it and when I only had the last ep of some series to watch too. He had mad subconsciously brutal timing for that lol.
Maybe he did it deliberately...

Well latching onto the last proper post on the subject, I don't drop money onto something I'm happy seeing on Netflix, but of course my sense of humour matches dandy, watched all of it. I also liked the fact it's a bit of an experiment making several episodes from different art directors and episode directors, where usually studios use the same artists and some of the same directors for most of the project.
There was another series I watched on funi's service, 18if, that also did that and in a few episodes you really noticed, but, I'm not trying to go against anything here, there was a really blunt feminist message at the end of it that really seemed "man hating" and a few things in the comments for that episode suggested the sub was entirely written that way, Belladona of sadness (a really adult film) does have somewhat feminist messages in the film, even if unintentionally in the case of some of the people who made it, but it's one of my favourite films, 18if just ended terribly and with no real conclusion to what it set up. But back to dandy, the less seriously you take it the better it is

Watched the first series and didn't like it so never bothered with the second.

Yeah, I think I only lasted about ten minutes into the first episode of Space Dandy, and immediately dropped it. But then, no wonder, since I do not care for either comedy anime or comedy movies in general. I'm extremely selective in the type of humor I can stomach, and anime comedy is generally the most obnoxious comedy of all to me, other than crude and disgusting comedy which I really can't stand.

Back