The Nintendo Switch Thread

As someone who's aways had a strong dislike for all things Nintendo this is the 1st console they made that I actually want to own. I think the concept is neat and if they can iron out the bugs/ flaws it could be a really good console. The price will need to drop and obviously it needs more games. I think I will give it 12 months before I buy one. Zelda looks realy good and I reallly want to play it.

Decided to get Zelda on Wii U, buying a new console for it wasn't justifiable for me, I might buy one down the line once they have a better line up and I can pick up the games cheaper second hand.

Still, Amazon are a bunch of useless buffoons, I had the game on pre-order since Jan 14th and they emailed me at 3am last night saying it won't arrive until Monday and I had prime delivery.

Lets just say I no longer have a prime membership and canceled my order and reordered with the game collection. I've never had a game not turn up next day from them but even if it doesn't it still will arrive Monday and I'll feel better giving my money to company I like.

Only played Zelda on switch for 30 mins and it's already got the wow factor and as for the console if it can get enough developers etc Nintendo have a certain winner here

Due to when ity was delivered (around 3.30pm) I havent had much time to play around with it. Tried Skylanders for about 15 minutes just so I could add the skylanders to the digital library ingame and box them back up out of sight. Played Zelda for half an hour, it seems great.

Played Bomberman with my oldest niece for a few rounds in tabletop mode when I went to my moms, she found it too hard so play a couple of co-op levels and she got the hang of it.

Just bought Fast Racing RMX and Shovel Knight. Tomorrow will be my proper Switch gameplay day :)

Got it yesterday think its pretty cool. I got Zelda which is absolutely fantastic, fadt racing rmx, shovel knight and i am setsuna

I'm loving my Switch. Zelda is just breath taking at times. Looks amazing on the portable screen and love just standing in tall grass watching it move in the wind.

Fast Racing RMX is my other most played game. A cup takes 7-9 minutes so it really is a great pick up and play title when you have a few minutes spare.

A handful of people are having bad experiences, which is what happens with launch day consoles. Many people had PS3 that scratched discs at launch, ps4 sticks fell apart, Xbox 360 suffered from RROD etc.
Seems to be more than a handful Nintendo Switch owners complain about dead pixels - BBC News you can't even use the docking station without scratching the screen The Nintendo Switch Screen Gets Scratched From Docking The Hybrid Console: Here Are Some Solutions

Dead Pixels aren't exclusive to the switch. I also love how the article states "thousands of customers" but then doesn't source that number.

I haven't scratched my switch yet, but then im careful when I place it in the dock, rather than just dropping it or messing up the insertion.

Dead Pixels aren't exclusive to the switch. I also love how the article states "thousands of customers" but then doesn't source that number.

I haven't scratched my switch yet, but then im careful when I place it in the dock, rather than just dropping it or messing up the insertion.
If you want to be extra careful you could always give this a go

I bought one for £35 thanks to a very discount code, it's nice but i've found it a complete waste of money seeing as i've played in handheld mode for all but 30 minutes!

I bought one for £35 thanks to a very discount code, it's nice but i've found it a complete waste of money seeing as i've played in handheld mode for all but 30 minutes!

Same, although not really out of choice. For whatever reason, the Framerate chugs like hell when Docked for some reason. Just running out into the starting area when it rains sends it to like 15fps and it looks like garbage. Same when there's a lot of grass around. I have no idea why it's better in handheld mode. Really hope Nintendo patch it.

Same, although not really out of choice. For whatever reason, the Framerate chugs like hell when Docked for some reason. Just running out into the starting area when it rains sends it to like 15fps and it looks like garbage. Same when there's a lot of grass around. I have no idea why it's better in handheld mode. Really hope Nintendo patch it.

It's better because its only pushing 720p in handheld mode. I'd like to think a patch could improve docked performance but maybe the game is just too demanding for the Switch hardware to run docked at 900p or maybe the optimisation just isn't great seeing ss at heart its a Wii u title that wasn't developed from the ground up for the Switch architecture?

I gave it a go, played about 8 matches and was probably bored of it by the 4th :/ after the way people went on about the first game I expected a lot more, I guess it's just not for me (Although it was just a demo I suppose).

Everyone still enjoying their Switch? I've put Zelda on ice after 65 hours. Fantastic game, but one that I've burnt myself out on over the past month. A break may bring the desire back, or I'll never go back. Don't know yet. Currently playing Binding of Isaac Afterbirth+ most nights. Much harder than plain rebirth but addictive as hell.

April has several retail titles for our pleasure:

Has Been Heroes
Lego City Undercover
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Puyo Pop Tetris

As well as some good digital offerings:

Graceful Explosion Machine
Wonder Boy: The Dragons Trap
Shakedown Hawaii
Mr Shifty
(More Neo Geo titles)

People buying anything this month? I'm getting all physical titles barring HbH and will likely get the first 3 Digital titles i listed day 1. Mr Shifty looks great, but will wait for reviews.

Back