The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

We have a double bill of second season announcements - Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out! and Rent-A-Girlfriend continuations have been greenlit.

2020-09-02_7.png

A bit of a minor news "story", but Funimation have updated their home page. (It's been the same since I came on board with anime over 2 years ago, so I have no idea how old the old home page was)

Quite a nice design, with your watchlist and recent watch history on there too, which is an improvement.

But, it is showing anime that isn't available over here, which is a bummer.

2 months free Funimation premium sub for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscribers.

Funimation (Launched September 25; Available in US/CA/UK/IR)
Try Premium Plus for 2 months free, and you’ll get access to all of My Hero Academia, Black Clover, and tons more anime you’ve been missing. Ad-free, subs & dubs, Download to Go, and so much more!

If you are not subscribed to GPU you can get your first month for £1 and should then be able to redeem the offer.

Scotland Loves Anime 2020 line-up:

Exclusively to the Theatrical Cinema screens:
  • Lupin III The First
  • On-Gaku: Our Sound
Also available to Screen Anime:
  • Love Live! Sunshine!! The School Idol Movie: Over the Rainbow
  • Love Live! the School Idol Movie
  • Lupin III vs. Detective Conan: The Movie
  • Lupin III: Fujiko's Lie
  • Lupin III: Goemon's Blood Spray
  • Lupin III: Jigen's Gravestone
  • Lupin III: The Secret of Mamo
  • Lupin III: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine
  • Patema Inverted
  • Penguin Highway
  • Production I.G Short Films Collection
  • Weathering With You
  • Weathering With You with Audio Commentary by Jonathan Clements
  • Work In Progress: Inu-Oh
  • Work In Progress: Josee, The Tiger and the Fish
Link to donate to the Scotland Loves Anime festival and its supporting cinema chains Glasgow Film Theatre and Edinburgh Filmhouse.

Only interested in On-Gaku And Lupin The First and since those are the two not streaming there's nothing for me so I'll give it a miss, was always going to be a limited year so can't be too upset about it.

Also available to Screen Anime:
  • Love Live! Sunshine!! The School Idol Movie: Over the Rainbow
  • Love Live! the School Idol Movie
The Love Live Sunshine movie isn't too surprising, but the movie from the original series kinda is, any chance of a blu-ray release of that, I wonder?

MVM never released it, their releases of the original series were part of the MVM store sale for releases with expiring licenses a while back and is no longer listed on their store.

Just wondering if Anime Limited have the UK rights to the entire franchise now?

Back