The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

I use a FireStick now (because HiDive STILL haven't made a PS4 app), the Funi app doesn't always work the way it should, but at least streaming-wise it's a lot better than the PS4 app was.
Can you get the subtitles to not display the black border behind them? That's so annoying, and stops me watching anything on there.

Can you get the subtitles to not display the black border behind them? That's so annoying, and stops me watching anything on there.
You can on the website and Android app:
Screenshot_20200817-213326.png
There's all sorts of options including font, font size and colour, and if you want a box: colour and opacity.
But when I went to the FireStick app it was the same as ever.
You get a Web browser on the FireStick, so you could use their website through that, but I haven't tried it to see if it works.

I've seen that before with other apps where the settings were cached locally and not updated, so clearing the cache made it go away and get the latest config you set in the browser. Netflix does the same and Teams is a pain in the **** for it

I've seen that before with other apps where the settings were cached locally and not updated, so clearing the cache made it go away and get the latest config you set in the browser. Netflix does the same and Teams is a pain in the **** for it
The FireStick app doesn't have the same range of options. On or off, and that's your lot!

You can on the website and Android app:
There's all sorts of options including font, font size and colour, and if you want a box: colour and opacity.
You get a Web browser on the FireStick, so you could use their website through that, but I haven't tried it to see if it works.
Yeh, I've seen all the settings on the website and changed them there, also tried clearing the cache on the Fire Stick, reinstalling etc but still always displays the borders on the Stick. Which is a shame as the video quality is pretty good on it. Might try the website on the stick but kind of defeats the purpose of the app. Genuinely don't know how Funi can be so bad at things like this, they've ignored complaints about it on their forums for years. If I could get at the code I bet I could fix it in a couple of hours max as well 🤷‍♂️

A 4K version of Akira is going to be shown in UK cinemas, the first time this version will be shown outside of Japan.

A 4K version of Akira is going to be shown in UK cinemas, the first time this version will be shown outside of Japan.

No, it was already shown in Hong Kong and France (Belgium next week).

Back