The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

As much as I love having blu-rays (and I just received the Dragon Maid BR today), my personal priority is for streaming anime.

I've rewatched Dragon Maid a few times on CR in the past few years, so not having the blu ray has not been a huge loss.

For me, and how I watch the majority of my anime, the Funi x CR deal was fantastic.

Because of Japanese TV rules as soon as a blu Ray is out I refuse to watch the stream unless they update it like HIDIVE and FUNi.
It was good and bad especially here the UK got the worst deal I wouldn’t say it’s better now considering to get releases we have to had a company get bought by a MNC.
The bigger issue I think is the shows Discotek are releasing that are CR but weren’t big enough for FUNi stuff like Cagulia and Symphogear.
Streaming it probably is better they are together everything else better separate.

Last edited:
Free!'s film returns in 2021

EfdcsG6VAAAtdbY

kissanime's trending on Twitter...

Seems it's been taken down, and just the first of many takedowns to come.
I'd link to the thread, but the weebs are already linking to alternate sites...

EDIT: I didn't know that it's a swearword on this site. Let's call it osculatinganime then. Now that it's extinct, maybe it can be taken off the swearlist...

*********'s trending on Twitter...

Seems it's been taken down, and just the first of many takedowns to come.
I'd link to the thread, but the weebs are already linking to alternate sites...

EDIT: I didn't know that it's a swearword on this site. Let's call it osculatinganime then. Now that it's extinct, maybe it can be taken off the swearlist...
It's still alive under a different URL domain I believe.

I’ve removed Kissanime from the swear filter while it’s a relevant discussion. It was only supposed to blacklist links to their domains, but hey, removing the name entirely from our forums is no bad thing...

That’s a shame, great site but...

I’m not going to say I don’t dodgy download anime, I only have to restort to That when I can’t either legally buy or stream a show.

with the way things have been going, I’m using these types of sites less and less, since streaming has filled in a lot of gaps in my anime watch list over the last few years.

That’s a shame, great site but...

I’m not going to say I don’t dodgy download anime, I only have to restort to That when I can’t either legally buy or stream a show.

with the way things have been going, I’m using these types of sites less and less, since streaming has filled in a lot of gaps in my anime watch list over the last few years.
It was fine about seven years ago but again I wouldn't even go into that direction. Ironically my entry level into anime was piracy but more so the T route. Eventually I had a stable internet connection to actually stream anime through Crunchyroll (and later down the line Funimation).

Since 2013 there was no need for me to use illegal streaming sites as I much prefer the Blu-ray discs approach or simulcasting on Crunchyroll and if something wasn't available I was patient enough to wait for the home video which is what I did with Devil is a Part-Timer. Also as the years go buy I found that I was consuming so much anime through simulcasts on Crunchyroll, Funimation and Netflix that I didn't have the time to even consider titles that aren't streaming or have uncensored versions elsewhere with the exception of Interspecies Reviewers due to Funimation removing the simulcast from its service (they still have the rights btw).

The real tragedy in all this is not that an illegal streaming site went down (like what's so "horrible", to quote some Twitter users, about a illegal site going down?) but that another one will pop up within a month or two. Regarding the legal / illegal debate, I don't know why you would need to pirate anime today, not in America / Australia / EU at least (while in no way condoning their acts, I get that anime fans in like Kyrgyzstan have a tricky time to get hold of anime legally). I've got more than enough to watch through legit channels, I still haven't watched some stuff I bought in late 2018 and I keep buying new stuff all the time (thus there is always "unwatched" stuff in my shelf). Then you got all the legal streams which fills up the "gaps" left by home releases, so I really don't see the "need". Except saving cash of course, which is a **** reason to be honest.

I still occasionally torrent a few episodes of an anime to see if I like it, if I can't stream it legally. If I do I'll buy the blu-ray before I watch the rest.

I've mostly used sites like that when, ironically, the legal sites have been terrible, like the Funimation app on PS4 a few years back and the Viewster website (before it went away) which didn't play well with PS4 browser. So basically watching stuff that I had legal access to already ie paying Funi, but not getting my moneysworth servicewise.

I've mostly used sites like that when, ironically, the legal sites have been terrible, like the Funimation app on PS4 a few years back and the Viewster website (before it went away) which didn't play well with PS4 browser. So basically watching stuff that I had legal access to already ie paying Funi, but not getting my moneysworth servicewise.

The funi app still doesn't work for me annoyingly

Back