The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

It’s good but I feel won’t have the legs of say Got and Sopranos. Or comedy wise Office, OFAH etc.

I agree that Fleabag's good - it's just that as one of my other jobs is collecting press clippings for the website comedy.co.uk I have to collect all the press about that show, and I'm just sick of all the brownnosing that I come across when something about Fleabag comes up. Newspapers will happily crowbar in Phoebe Waller-Bridge into anything because it will get them readers. About a month ago "Private Eye" ran a joke article about whether the article in question was justified with using a photo of Waller-Bridge when it had no connection with her. In the next Eye, they had a story about how five days after their joke article, a real "Sunday Times" article used that exact same photo in a piece not really about Fleabag.

No place for Banshee, Boardwalk Empire, Fargo, Love/Hate, Narcos, Rome, Spartacus, Stranger Things or True Detective but Bake Off, Big Brother, Im a Celeb and Strictly all make the list obviously! I do agree with 4 of the top 5 though (Havent seen Thick of it)

The other three are prequels anyway - I thought they were more like side-stories? :confused:
Just had a quick read of the synopsis':
1 follows the female inspector introduced in season 2, so somewhere between 2 & 3 I assume.
2 is a prequel following Akane before she joined the squad.
And 3 follows Kogami after The Movie (as far as I can tell). He's seems to be off doing his own thing, so no idea if he'll show. I might know if these movies were available! Might have to dig out the ol' 'at, aaaargh!

Just had a quick read of the synopsis':
1 follows the female inspector introduced in season 2, so somewhere between 2 & 3 I assume.
2 is a prequel following Akane before she joined the squad.
And 3 follows Kogami after The Movie (as far as I can tell). He's seems to be off doing his own thing, so no idea if he'll show. I might know if these movies were available! Might have to dig out the ol' 'at, aaaargh!
Movies are out on Thursday in Japan on home release.

tumblr_puuw9dEVKH1wj1nn0o2_500.gif

Back