The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

ayase

State Alchemist
Yesterday a man manages to win a round on "Countdown" with a six-letter word: "Hentai".
I’m a little surprised it’s in the OED. Still not sure it would cut it in Scrabble. What’s even better was that right in the middle of that article I got an advertisement for Domestic Girlfriend, but sadly just as I was about to take a screenshot it rotated to some bland Guardian jobs ad.

Anime1977

Great Teacher
Just a heads up akira is getting a 4K release in April next year in Japan and
It Look like its an import job because it's unlikely to get a 4K release outside of Japan like ghost in the shell.

Yami

Straw Hat Pirate
Just a heads up akira is getting a 4K release in April next year in Japan and
It Look like its an import job because it's unlikely to get a 4K release outside of Japan like ghost in the shell.
It will definitely get a 4K release outside of Japan. Already confirmed for the US.

Anime1977

Great Teacher
It will definitely get a 4K release outside of Japan. Already confirmed for the US.
I can't see manga forking out for 4K Uhd they didn't bother releaseing the 4K uhd of ghost in the shell basically I'll believe it when I see a uk release date for akira on 4K uhd.

Yami

Straw Hat Pirate
I can't see manga forking out for 4K Uhd they didn't bother releaseing the 4K uhd of ghost in the shell basically I'll believe it when I see a uk release date for akira on 4K uhd.
Didn't say it will get a UK release, but I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest. I obviously don't have access to sales figures but gut feeling tells me that Akira is a better seller than Ghost in the Shell.

Scavenger

School Idol
At least they're priced accordingly. Both are already £20 each on Amazon Canada. That reminds me that I still need to pick up their Hard Ticket to Hawaii Blu-ray.