The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

It must be shifting a lot of books to get a S2 after that train-wreck of an adaption... I guess it has been popular as well by virtue of being terrible, so thats probably helped.

Well one of the biggest problems with the anime adaptation was that they basically started from scratch after how badly handled the character designs were, so hopefully now that they have a second season greenlit they can amend some of the mistakes that were in the first season. The biggest issue was the overuse of CG which was unpolished and the adaptation rushing or cutting tons of content that should have been kept in.

It's a weird experience because if you went into Arifureta without reading the source material you might find better enjoyment than those like myself who had already read and knows what happens. I still didn't mind the anime in the end, but I just wish that they had put in proper effort in what should have been one of the biggest shows of the Summer season (it was also literally one of the most anticipated adaptations in recent years).

EGYgPkbU8AEEMaO

Netflix has announced a new anime project by director Masaaki Yuasa and studio Science SARU called Japan Sinks:2020, based on Sakyo Komatsu's 1973 novel Japan Sinks. It will be available worldwide in 2020.

First promo material for the Dorohedoro anime, including screenshots. Studio is confirmed as Mappa.

Back