The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Now no KanaHana for best JP VA what even if you had to pick one this years she's had about 3. And for Miyano they choose Zombieland over SG0 Ofc because CR has a big love affair with zombieland saga

My choices:
Protagonist: A lack of Sugimoto means Sakura from Bunny Girl gets it.
Antagonist: All for One from MHA
Best (Skeli) Boy: Honda-San from Bookseller Honda-San
Best Girl: Asirpa from Golden Kamuy
OP: Pop Team Epic by Sumire Uesaka
ED: Megalo Box, as it’s the only one I vaguely remember and/or have seen from their selection.
JP VA: Soma Saito as Honda-San
EN VA: The lack of Ian Sinclair as Sugimoto forces my hand to vote for Chris Sabat as All Might.
Director: Yohei Suzuki for Planet With
Best Animation: MEGALO BOX Love that retro style.
Film: Night is Short, walk on Girl
Character design: JoJo Part 5
AOTY: No Yuru Camp, no vote.
A Pretty underwhelming selection of choices really.

I'm not even surprised with how bad this is. Not many of the nominations really stand out to me and some stuff which would absolutely get my vote has been shafted for some mediocre stuff.

I do wonder if MHA will win big again this year. I ended up voting for it in two cases but one was simply because the other choices were lacking.

Awards have never been any indication of quality, I don't know why anyone expects them to be. Critics' awards are almost always nepotistic or politically motivated and as for audience awards, we all know popular very rarely equals good. It's pointless to get mad at awards just like it's pointless to get mad at another individual for not sharing your opinions.

Oh I’m not mad at all, I fully expected a lacklustre selection. Like I said though I am pleasantly surprised that Honda-San got a look in, wasn’t expecting it to appear at all.

Honda was only in two categories though. If anything Aggretsuko is the one being pushed, as it’s in like six categories and that was a Netflix series.

My problem is it seems Honda and Zombieland are CR shows so I don’t like they seem biased towards them
The lack of Yuru Camp in the Anime of the Year proves this wrong as it was actually part funded by them as opposed to the those 2 you mentioned.

Honda was only in two categories though. If anything Aggretsuko is the one being pushed, as it’s in like six categories.
And that's Netflix!

Zombieland saga the girl most people like didn't get pushed the trans one did....
APFTTU they produced and got mass nominated and the worst girl got picked
Maybe its their judges are just crap.
But there is not much amazon stuff on it, not much Netflix stuff as no Hisone, no SDS, no B
Devilman is worth being on their but they aint biased towards netflix.
Its weird but its deffo bias to shows CR "Pushed" at least.

Back