The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Perhaps it’ll be a 50 odd episode series with several cours, wouldn’t make much sense to only adapt a portion of the story again.

Honestly a continuation from where the original left off could work even if there is a considerable gap between the two series’ FMP did it fairly well.
It's still a shoujo show. Whenever did a shoujo show get as many episodes, especially nowadays when even non-shoujos don't get as many.
It does say "zenpen" though. Perhaps it's a quick runthough of some main storyline? Though that would also dimish a good deal of the main charm of the manga with all it's various side plot.

It's still a shoujo show. Whenever did a shoujo show get as many episodes, especially nowadays when even non-shoujos don't get as many.
It does say "zenpen" though. Perhaps it's a quick runthough of some main storyline? Though that would also dimish a good deal of the main charm of the manga with all it's various side plot.
True. Honestly we don’t know until it’s confirmed, but regardless I’ll probably watch it.

For the record, if Laura Bailey just isn't feasible now then my recast pick for Touru goes to Kristen McGuire after hearing her in Prison School.

So it's right at the beginning of the list of add-on channels (for me at least) so they're actively promoting it.
It looks like its a fiver on top of your Amazon subscription (yes ala Amazon Strike) but if you're basically paying for the Funimation subscription wouldn't you be paying that anyway? You're just getting it for the same price but with a better chance that you could watch it (also with a half decent PS4 app).
I might go in for this at some point. My only reason for leaving for HIDIVE was because Funimation wouldn't play videos reliably, but then again I sort of resent the fact they did Crunchy over and don't want to throw money their way so this one needs some thought.
Thoughts?

screenie.PNG

EDIT - Question...is there a Sword Art Online: Alicization dub available in the UK? That's one series that I've only ever seen dubbed.

Last edited:
Dunno about Fruits Basket. It's very much a manga and an anime of its time, and I'm not sure an adaptation would work today. It certainly won't have the same magic. It's like Slayers Revolution and Evolution-R, or the repeated attempts to have one more bite at the Tenchi Muyo cherry. Not the same.

Dunno about Fruits Basket. It's very much a manga and an anime of its time, and I'm not sure an adaptation would work today. It certainly won't have the same magic. It's like Slayers Revolution and Evolution-R, or the repeated attempts to have one more bite at the Tenchi Muyo cherry. Not the same.

I thought the later Slayers was in many ways tighter than the original series or maybe that was just in the voice acting. I would think this is situation where the original author is really pushing for it as I believe she wasn't all happy with the original adaption like the aforementioned character secret.

I trialled the Funimation channel on Amazon and its missing tons of stuff and does add new episodes in stem with the app. No MHA or AOT season 3s for example amongst others. If you were hoping this would be like FN on VRV in the states, sorry, it ain't that! At the price they're charging, what's the point? I'm not giving up key shows just for the better player FN should be providing themselves anyway.

I trialled the Funimation channel on Amazon and its missing tons of stuff and does add new episodes in stem with the app. No MHA or AOT season 3s for example amongst others. If you were hoping this would be like FN on VRV in the states, sorry, it ain't that! At the price they're charging, what's the point? I'm not giving up key shows just for the better player FN should be providing themselves anyway.
I imagine the others will come on a bit at a time - they're still in the process of moving over I suppose.

They seem to write these articles with the US in mind as opposed to the UK. That’s why I appreciate Anime UK News as an outlet since they fill that gap in regards to news for our side of the pond.

Back