The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

They seem to write these articles with the US in mind as opposed to the UK. That’s why I appreciate Anime UK News as an outlet since they fill that gap in regards to news for our side of the pond.
Yeah. The notice for the return of subs mentioned Ass Class, Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo, two of which aren't on the UK service as Funi don't hold the UK rights.

You can usually expect most new releases to be here, unless it has anything to do with Toei.

Even if the Japanese cast is different, I expect they'll probably try and get back as many of the old English cast as they can.

You can usually expect most new releases to be here, unless it has anything to do with Toei.

Even if the Japanese cast is different, I expect they'll probably try and get back as many of the old English cast as they can.
Yeah they managed it with Full Metal Panic so I’d imagine most of the actors would be happy to return. Of course a certain character would have to be recast since they messed up in the anime.

Not all of the US cast really got to fully realise the material one night argue. It was an earlier Funimation dub and they can all do a lot better now. Similar to the Dragon Ball Z cast moving to Kai.

Not necessarily a guarantee as she is rather fond of the role but yes its far from certain. It's not unheard of for an actor to charge lower than normal if its a part they really like. We'll see.

Haha, knew something like this would happen! The Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex Blu-rays were announced about a month after I brought the DVDs.
And what did I buy about a month ago? That's right Neon Genesis Evangelion!

A show that was rumoured to never allowed to get a release till the reboots are done is getting a official stream in the west. Who cares its in spring even yesterday it seemed impossible.

Last edited:
Back