The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

I'm not sure what the rules are regarding foreign films with different release windows for the US. One rule is that it must play in an L.A. County theatre for seven consecutive days. I believe the subbed version of 'S Silent Voice' did meet those requirements.

It is a tricky thing having the members judge a foreign language film against English ones. They cannot judge the acting as intricately as they would in English. And they won't judge a dub's acting either for obvious reasons even if it is perfectly representative.
Same requirements, except they have an 18 month window from the original release to meet those requirements.

Your Name was hampered by qualifying for the 2016 Oscars and the extended Japanese theatrical run which continued on into the Oscar voting window.

A Silent Voice was then submitted for the 2017 Oscars where Ferdinand and Boss Baby got short listed due to the expanded voter pool.

The story centers on the relationship between Hinako, who has moved to a coastal town upon entering university and Minato, a young firefighter with a strong sense of justice. Hinako loves surfing and while fearless on the sea, she's still uncertain about her future. Following a fire mishap in the town, Hinako and Minato encounter each other. As they spend more time surfing together, Hinako feels drawn to Minato, who dedicates himself to help others.

I read the first part of the tweet and thought wow that's great, then read the second part where it's actually just a subscription within my subscription. So went back to not caring.

I read the first part of the tweet and thought wow that's great, then read the second part where it's actually just a subscription within my subscription. So went back to not caring.
If it goes through Amazon's infrastructure then it should be able to play at least so that's an improvement

I’m guessing this one will be closer to the manga and fully adapt it this time around.
The old one wasn't even that terribly far away from the manga. It just ended in the middle of nowhere after some 6 volumes at which point the art style of the manga wasn't even all that steady yet either.

I'm really curious what they are going to actually adapt. I don't think it'll be a complete one for all 23 volumes when it's not even currently running. They didn't even manage to complete Kamisama Hajimemashite, when that one had two seasons and a third one may have even roughly managed to get to the finish line. =X

The old one wasn't even that terribly far away from the manga. It just ended in the middle of nowhere after some 6 volumes at which point the art style of the manga wasn't even all that steady yet either.

I'm really curious what they are going to actually adapt. I don't think it'll be a complete one for all 23 volumes when it's not even currently running. They didn't even manage to complete Kamisama Hajimemashite, when that one had two seasons and a third one may have even roughly managed to get to the finish line. =X
Perhaps it’ll be a 50 odd episode series with several cours, wouldn’t make much sense to only adapt a portion of the story again.

Honestly a continuation from where the original left off could work even if there is a considerable gap between the two series’ FMP did it fairly well.

I know there's a certain secret regarding a certain character that the original adaption kind of mucked up.
Yeah that was a misstep. I think the manga generally goes into some darker territory as the story progresses so it’ll be interesting to see how some of it is adapted.

Back