The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Today, I was informed by my editor that my manga is being removed due to the poor reception of the anime. The anime failed to make an impact, for advertising purposes, and the studio is carrying that loss because of it. It is my fault, and I am sorry. ... My sincerely apologies to Takahashi-san and XEBEC.
Sounds to me like they're making mangaka Daichi Sorayomi unfairly fall on his own sword for this. Why not just keep the manga if that's doing okay? (Or is that too much like common sense?)

Arrow Video announcements for July include Kinji Fukasaku's New Battles Without Honour and Humanity and Kiyoshi Kurosawa's Pulse. More pertinently, Arrow Books will be releasing books by Tom Mes writing about Meiko Kaji and Andrew Osmond on Ghost in the Shell

GHOST_Flat-500x500.jpg

Wow, whatever will they think of next? ;)
Ninja Baseball Bat-man.

Keijo!!!!!!!! is officially ending via cancellation. The anime adaptation pretty much destroyed the manga.

The anime sales were very poor (around 300 volumes for Volume 1 I think) but the show did very well overseas.
In this world, if you don't bring your A game you're only going to be left behind and out on your ass.

Holy mother of *%[] it seems Seven Seas is going to release To Love Ru and To Love Ru Darkness. Never thought i would see the day but they can take all my money...

Seven Seas Eases Your Troubles with Release of TO LOVE RU and TO LOVE RU DARKNESS Manga Series | Seven Seas Entertainment

Pretty amazing news in several ways. I never thought we'd see it as Viz should have first dibs on it and they seem loathe to let anyone else have things if they don't want it. Maybe they can prise Hayate x Blade off Viz at some point as well.

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere on the forum but..
Fullmetal Alchemist, One Piece Voice Actor Ed Blaylock Passes Away
Voice actor and radio host Ed Blaylock passed away earlier this month aged 64. He voiced quite a few characters for Funi dubs, with his biggest roles being King Bradley in the FMA franchise and Sengoku from One Piece.
This is very saddening, his voice work was superb, and his performance as Bradley was probably one of my favourites in the series.

The radio station where he worked, WRR 101 gave a touching tribute to him here:
WRR 101

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere on the forum but..
Fullmetal Alchemist, One Piece Voice Actor Ed Blaylock Passes Away
Voice actor and radio host Ed Blaylock passed away earlier this month aged 64. He voiced quite a few characters for Funi dubs, with his biggest roles being King Bradley in the FMA franchise and Sengoku from One Piece.
This is very saddening, his voice work was superb, and his performance as Bradley was probably one of my favourites in the series.

The radio station where he worked, WRR 101 gave a touching tribute to him here:
WRR 101

Very sad, he was perfect as King Bradley in both adaptations.

Back