The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Edit: Thinking about it more I can't see Jerome being silly enough to licence another CGI Netflix show purely because of the social backlash of people saying you can release this but not Sidonia 2!?!? Fool me once my friend but not again!!!!!!!!

Just curious: Has Jerome actually confirmed that Sidonia season 2 won't get a release through Manga / Animatsu? I was unde the impression that the show hadn't done well, but hadnt sold especially poorly either.

It's one of those shows I REALLY hope gets a full release in the UK one way or another.

Okay - I'm not sure how newsworthy this will actually be, and possibkly it warrants mentionng elsewhere on the forum - although I'm not sure where. So for now, I'll lob it here:

A few months ago, I imported RightStuf's Gundam X DVD sets, and found a fault on disc 3 of the first set. A little more than halfway through episode 14, the playback stutters noticeably, with audio cut-out.

I just received confirmation from RightStuf over on Facebook that this IS indeed a duplication error that affected discs in the first print run, and has since been fixed.

I'm going to see if I can get them to replace my faulty disc, although I'm not sure how accomodating they'll be given that I'm all the way over here in the UK and they're residents of The Republic of Trumpistan. But we'll see what happens.

Okay - I'm not sure how newsworthy this will actually be, and possibkly it warrants mentionng elsewhere on the forum - although I'm not sure where. So for now, I'll lob it here:

A few months ago, I imported RightStuf's Gundam X DVD sets, and found a fault on disc 3 of the first set. A little more than halfway through episode 14, the playback stutters noticeably, with audio cut-out.

I just received confirmation from RightStuf over on Facebook that this IS indeed a duplication error that affected discs in the first print run, and has since been fixed.

I'm going to see if I can get them to replace my faulty disc, although I'm not sure how accomodating they'll be given that I'm all the way over here in the UK and they're residents of The Republic of Trumpistan. But we'll see what happens.

Right Stuf are good about this kind of thing. At least they were when I needed them to be back in 2007. I ordered the Geneon Gankutsuou bundle, and it had two volume 4s in, was missing a volume 5. They didn't even ask for photographic confirmation, let along the original disc sent back, they just sent out a volume 5. No questions asked.

Right Stuf are good about this kind of thing. At least they were when I needed them to be back in 2007. I ordered the Geneon Gankutsuou bundle, and it had two volume 4s in, was missing a volume 5. They didn't even ask for photographic confirmation, let along the original disc sent back, they just sent out a volume 5. No questions asked.
Not sure if that would apply to the Gundam stuff, they have restricted their Turn A and MSG Movie trilogy tradeback schemes to NA.

Glad the set I got from UP at Eirtakon doesn't seem to be affected by that error.

Full list of Best Animated Feature Oscar nominees.

- Kubo and the Two Strings
- Moana
- My Life as a Zucchini
- The Red Turtle
- Zootopia/Zootropolis

Hooray for The Red Turtle, fully deserved nomination! Was very shocked to see Finding Dory left out, though I'll be rooting for Kubo and the Two Strings anyway. Not surprised that Your Name didn't make it, it needed someone with a track record of successful awards campaigns like GKids to distribute it rather than Funi.

It's Zootopia's to lose anyway.

Hooray for The Red Turtle, fully deserved nomination! Was very shocked to see Finding Dory left out, though I'll be rooting for Kubo and the Two Strings anyway. Not surprised that Your Name didn't make it, it needed someone with a track record of successful awards campaigns like GKids to distribute it rather than Funi.

It's Zootopia's to lose anyway.

Even still though, to ignore a film with such critical acclaim that's made like eleventy billion dollars worldwide (seriously, this thing has crushed records in terms of anime films) seems odd, no matter who's distributing it.

Plus from what Andrew was saying regarding the Baftas they were prevented from distributing screeners to view which will severely limit the amount of voters that have seen it.

Back